Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions yakety sax

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    paul kelly
    Participant

Hi Johnny I was thinking of getting your yakety sax music? so I thought I would ask you a question first, With it being so difficult how do you approach this tune?

john
      Keymaster

If you can play all notes on your sax and read music you can learn anything….well, almost!
        My approach is always take it by very small chunks at a time…
        1st note to the following few notes, to the next group of notes. This can be just a few notes at a time.
        So let’s say after the first note there is a group of 8th notes together. Learn them.practice them consecutively until them roll off your fingers. Even memorize them. Spent some time on them. After you have them move on to the next 4.
        See, if you break it down to only a few notes that you can handle, then you can learn anything really because there’s no one that can’t learn 3 or 4 notes strung together… and if there is, just break those 4 down to into 2…see what i mean?

paul kelly
        Participant

Thanks Johnny will do as you say, I look forward to playing it. I will use the Yoda philosophy do or do not there is no try. Will let you know in a month or two how I am doing with it…

john
          Keymaster

ok good luck. Just take it real slow and when you come across a sticky part just iron it out until you can execute the finger movement…it’s not rocket science, just moving from one note to the next.

paul kelly
            Participant

Hi Johnny do you have any Christmas music? you are playing some on youtube but cannot find it on the site..Cn you point me in the right directions thanks..

john
              Keymaster

Yes I do but I took it off the site after Christmas. I guess that might have been stupid of me. I planned on putting it back up along with some new stuff before this upcoming season. If you really want to get an early start let me know and I’ll make the download link available again.
                There are 3 songs:
                Jingle bell Rock
                Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
                White Christmas

paul kelly
                Participant

Hi Johnny I have just payed for johnny b goode, But did not get directed to the download page can you sort this out for me please thank you. Paul.

john
                  Keymaster

Yes I’ll email you the link.
                    BTW, what exactly happened after you made the Payment through Paypal?
                    Did it say you will be directed in a few seconds or nothing or what?
                    I have been getting a few people saying they payed and did not see any download page.
                    I know that sometimes some people will just miss it for several reasons but if nothing is happening
                    I want to know so I can investigate further.

thanks
                    Johnny

paul kelly
                    Participant

Yes it said that I would be directed to the download page but it did not do that, instead it sent me back to the opening page of (how to play saxophone) the video of you with the pentatonic scales.

paul kelly
                      Participant

Thank you Johnny for sorting this out for me many thanks Paul.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.