Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Yesterday played today

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Leo Salu
    Participant

Simon
      Participant

Great Leo! Maybe too much vibrato for my taste, but that’s just my taste.

Leo Salu
        Participant

Thanks Simon, will have to watch that vibrato a bit, just comes naturally with out trying….

Anonymous

Sounds great to me. yesterday is a very violin classic flavoured style, i think the over emphasis of vibrato fits the tune perfectly. It’s a common style to finish off long notes with vibrato in jazz otherwise all long notes can make a tune very dull.

Leo Salu
            Participant

Thanks James, the sound I would really like to get is Johnny’s, his cover of yesterday is great and perfect, I keep listening to it but have no idea how to get that same sound.
              At 74 I hope I can keep it up long enough to come close Ha!

randy hunter
              Participant

Leo I like your tone. That Tenor sounds good. Johnny has a nice growl used in Rock. At 74 you are doing great. The vibrato just needs to be slower.
                That is just a personal taste though. Awesome dude.

john
                Keymaster

Ya Leo very nice
                  It’s good you can get your vibrato out at least
                  It reminds me of the players from the 40’s which was the style
                  By listening to others you can emulate and change it up a bit if that’s what you want ro do….it’s just a matter of being aware

Leo Salu
                  Participant

Hello Johhny, you are right on the 40’s sound my old sax instructor was a product of the thirties/forties and that’s probably why I play that way. Still love your sound, I’ll listen to your tracks many times, especially helpful when trying out a new song. By the way just bought a Soprano Sax so that I could play Whiter shade of pale, next stop is to buy the track. I was surprised that the soprano was harder to play (air wise) than the tenor, but it is fun to play. (have the straight model)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.