Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions A Complete Beginners Guide – All The Major Scales

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rob Jones
    Participant

Hi Johnny,

I recently purchased your Complete Beginners Guide, and I was wondering why there are only 8 out of the 12 major scales included in the Awesome Major Scale Exercise on page 72? The major scales not included are F#, G, Ab, and A. Also the C# Major heading is missing the E# in the sharp listing.

I’m just now learning the major scales, so I’m certain there is a reason they aren’t listed.

Thx!
      Rob

john
      Keymaster

Hi Rob. Just before you get to the Awesome Major Scale Exerecise there are the 12 major scales written out for you to learn them.
        The actual exercise is just that, an exercise I did probably hundreds of time that really helped me to develop technique.
        once you do it in a few different keys (scales) you’ll see the pattern and how it works…very simple (moving up one note at a time until the entire scale is played)
        if there are only 8 fully written out as you say I’m not sure if I forgot to include the rest or most likely didn’t feel it was necessary because of the repetition.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.