Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions A little time off !!

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Normally when i practice the sax, i have specific things that i wan’t to get done in and practiced within an hour or two hours. So as soon as i’ve covered one area, i then move on to the next, and then in the last session, i just play through some easy stuff to wind down and reward the family members that have listen through all the exercises (what they consider as boring crap).

But i do have days (not because i’m fed up of practicing), where i just slowly potter around on the sax, so what i would normally do in 5 mins i would spend 20 mins doing it (just relaxed, standing back and reflecting on what i’ve just done), so family members might think thank god he’s finally stopped, and 10 mins later i start up again. It’s like pottering around in the garden – it’s just feels as rewarding as a normal routine practice session. No rush, no rat race, just yoga for the sax!

For you snooker fans compare terry griffiths to alex higgings and you’ll get my drift – both tactics win

But just keep away from the plant pots! lol

jak Swift
      Participant

Sxpoet, that’s great. A really good attitude and similar to mine. ” the boring bits “…. LOL !!
        My altissimo practice is referred to as ” the squeaky bits ” and are not popular….
        As much as I explain its necessity complete with you tube shots of Lenny Pickett….
        ” can you p!ay Moon River “….
        ” what again ? ”
        ” or the other nice one “…
        ” which one would that be Mum ? ”
        ” oh you know….LA de dah oooh ” ( hmmmm !! )
        ” how about Moon River then Mum ” ?
        ” that would be nice “….☺☺☺
        I can ” Moon River ” in seventeen keys, straight, be bop, funky, …..
        The Lawton is sounding very nice indeed. I had to grab some cane reeds at first, and that I haven’t done for a while. Switched back now to ” Bari “…. but most important , thanks to the support of you good folks….today …its all good !! ☺

jak Swift
        Participant

The ” its all good ” came off of a Dylan album.
          One of the last three Jeff mentioned…
          The second I think..
          ” Modern times “…. The first ( with the beautiful ” Workingman’s b!ues ”
          I think ” Together through Life ” was the second…
          The third slips me right now…

I have a huge respect for Leonard Cohen. The guy had retired; only to wake up one day broke !!
          His management , I think had ” made poor investments ” with his $$
          How many people would kick up a storm, legal stuff, the whole nine yards….
          Not Mr Cohen…
          With supreme dignity he did what he does best , and similar to Dylan released three amazing albums..
          ” old ideas ”
          ” possible solutions ”
          Again, the third slips me…
          Enough, finish this coffee and do a last coulpla hours ….☺☺

Mel
          Participant

Jak – it is all about family. Your family of friends on this site have given sound advice and backing. Wishing the best for you and your mother!

jak Swift
            Participant

Thankyou very much Mel; it means a lot…☺

jak Swift
              Participant

Thanks Johnny ; didn’t I say a while back I don’t say that enough ….man, you have brought together a truly close bunch of great people.
                My apologies if necessary for bringing personal issues onto a sax forum, but man I’ve been down over this.
                I think you only have to look at the replies….
                It was worth it…☺☺

john
                Keymaster

oh ya Jak, of course it’s a sax site and that’s what brings us here but we get to know others with daily posts and chats so it’s all part of it.
                  rock on with it!

jak Swift
                  Participant

Johnny ….you are DA MAN !!
                    Thankyou….
                    Feeling good today, thanks to the support of my friends.
                    Tomorrow is the start of another working week. Look after Mum, practice, and look in here…..
                    Everything else will unfold in its own time.
                    Going to watch the Chet Baker movie later with Mum…” Born to be blue “….
                    Looking forward to that…
                    One last time THANKYOU FOLKS !!
                    Now where’s that Lawton…😉

jak Swift
                    Participant

If you are in the UK ” Sky cinema “….6.00 pm.
                      Briefly, man am I glad I kept the Lawton….it sounds great !! ☺☺
                      Have a safe & happy day folks..

William Cingolani
                      Participant

Hi Jak; Yesterday while trying out some reeds I played Purcell’s trumpet tune, and the Prelude from “Te Deum”, and Rondeau from “Symphonies Pour Roi” and today some Mozart and rounding it out with “Sweet Caroline”.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 27 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.