Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Alto sax bag?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mark Kiziuk
    Participant

Hi all! Can anyone recommend a good contoured alto sax bag with a handle and a shoulder carry strap?
      Tnx!
      Mark

john
      Keymaster

I’ve used this type of gig bag:
        http://amzn.to/1oVXURT

this style is light but still has a good amount of shock protection if you bang it.
        much cooler than the old rectangular boxy original cases.

Mark Kiziuk
        Participant

Hey Johnny!
          That looks like a great bag! I’m Going to try to buy it! thanks!
          Mark

Mark Kiziuk
          Participant

I just bought the one you suggested Johnny, it arrives next week. Thanks!
            Mark

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Hi Mark,
              I have 2 of those, 1 for Alto and 1 for Tenor. When I bought my Saxophones over a year ago, they came with the Protec bags and are great. They come with the straps you need which easily convert the whole protective bag into a carry-on back pack that you can take with when traveling by Airplane, etc..

Mark Kiziuk
              Participant

Thanks Michael Bishop! im only 1 week old to the alto sax and to music too! I heard that a lot of saxophones wind up in the repair shop from being in a gig bag. It seems that the bags are dropped down too hard and then things get bent. I think it’s only the soft bags that do not have a contoured shape where you put the saxophone into, inside of the bag that wind up in the repair shops. The ones with the contoured shape inside the so-called gig bag should be fine. It’s always good to check and get opinions before you lay down your hard earned cash, I always say!
                Mark

Mark

Michael Bishop
                Participant

Most of the Saxophones that wind up in the repair shop after coming back from Traveling is usually because of Airport Staff who think nothing of taking your Sax and tossing along with the rest of the luggage. Over a year ago I had to catch a flight out west to help family and I opted to leave the Tenor at home…no way was I going to have anyone treating my Sax like spare luggage. I took the Alto with me because it fit right overhead. Johnny has traveled to many parts of the world and has dealt with all kinds of problems over the years with his Saxophone and careless Airport staff.

Mark Kiziuk
                  Participant

I’m very new to a saxophone (about a week) and I thank all of you who have helped me so far, that includes you too Johnny! I feel like I found some new friends here on this forum, and I feel like it’s now like a second home. Johnny’s favorite food is pizza, and in my oppinion, Brooklyn pizza is the best! It’s a half an hour ride from here. I’m so tempted to get a few pies and have them flown over to Canada. Heh..heh..
                    Mark

john
                    Keymaster

ya, did you see my How To Make Pizza video on youtube MarK?
                      I gotta make a pie at least once a week!

Michael Bishop
                      Participant

@ Johnny: I saw it a couple of years back…my daughter and I actually made your Pizza sauce; my kids are big-time cheese lovers LOL They love thick and loaded. I’m kind of like in the middle type of person. I love to put Bacon on mine! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.