Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Daily Practice Routine #1 Anyone Not Using a Metronome With Practice Routine?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

I’m sure you noticed in the practice routine videos that I was using a metronome even for the slowest of scale work. I am concerned that some of you won’t use one and may be cheating yourselves of better progress because of this.
      I never did like metronomes myself but they are a very valuable tool.

Craig Scott
      Participant

I found an app for iPhone called Tempo by Frozen Ape. It was free or a couple of bucks at most. Very versatile and adjustable.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

What an awesome learning tool…..I’m not particularly fond of them either; sometimes feel “robotic” but it really helps with timing/rhythm of our playing. My son has started to learn the guitar and they really emphasize with him to use it every single day. Seems like it’s such a great learning tool; regardless of what instrument we’re playing!

john
          Keymaster

Yes. with the internet you won’t need to buy a metronome, unless of course you really want those real classic ones just because.
            I had a little plastic battery operated one but the interior speaker broke and so is useless now and I don’t plan on buying another one. Either way you go guys, you have to do these exercises with a metronome because of the speed increase you will gain from it. there’s just no better way…believe me. It’s what really allowed me to break through in this regard many years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.