Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Besame Mucho

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

ok, so why are you all over the place from the track in What’d I Say and in these two you’re spot on?

Anonymous

honest answer,
        these two, i’ve been working on for a couple of months, apart from last month when a took a week off from sax playing, as i’m working through similar jazz sheets in increasing difficulty, to get my timing improved.
        Jazz practicing is very intense. I’m not a big jazz fan, but it has its benifits, which can help when you move over into other styles of playing.

what’d i say, i’ve only played it several times, not sat down and practiced it at all, in terms of playing it correctly.

That shows the difference between taking the time to learn and practice a piece properly, compared to not spending time learning and practicing a piece.

I have about 6 songs on the go (which is the most i can cope with in an hours daily practice), and these 6 songs i work on them everyday, and the only time i move on to a new song, is when i can play one of the old songs at the correct backing track speed, and with reasonably good timing, articulation, and few miskeys.

i have off days, when i could smash up the sax in disgust. who doesn’t?

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.