Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Big Jay McNeelys “Funky Bug”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 I’ve gotten totally hooked on this style of Saxophone playing–it’s your fault Johnny LOL :)–and found this Super cool song with Big Jay McNeely playing here what he calls “Funky Bug” 🙂 On virtually all of the videos of his that I’ve found on youtube he says the same thing before he starts playing….that they’re “going to blow their brains out” 🙂 Cool way to put it. JOHNNY: You’ve got to make some of this guys stuff available to buy if at all possible! 🙂

We we’re walking downtown tonight and passed by quite a few places where people we’re dining and there we’re musicians playing guitars/singing for the people…..but you could easily see that it was virtually putting people to “sleep”. These people wanted to be “jolted” and say “WOW” not put to sleep. Granted, there’s a time/place for that style of soft music, but what we saw tonight wasn’t one of those times. My wife & I were noticed how people were just totally uninterested in listening to them. If this style of Saxophone playing doesn’t give you jolts in your joints…then nothing will.

Anonymous

It’s interesting to see all the different musical areas where the Sax gets immersed in.
        For me its harder to define what i like, whereas i find it easier to define what i don’t like.
        Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
        I never liked the band Prodigy, yet i thought “twisted fire starter” was fantastic.
        Somehow these different bands can bring out one song which
        can get us interested in their work.
        I’d love to have a go at blow your brains out – but it would have to be a very good backing track!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.