Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Blue Christmas and Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, both arranged by Johnny!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Louis
    Participant

Well, I took a stab at these two charts arranged by Johnny. Both were a blast to play! Still have some work to do on Santa Claus is Coming to Town with the higher parts, but with practice, I’ll get it! 🙂 Thanks for the tunes, Johnny!

Pete
      Participant

Love it Louis well done*****

Simon
        Participant

awesome

john
          Keymaster

Bravo Louis….love your growl!

Louis
            Participant

Thanks a lot for the feedback folks! It is nice to hear it, and will push me to keep working on it!

brother cavefish
              Participant

very clean bro

Jose Luis Hinojosa
                Participant

Great job on these, Louis! Looks like you’ve broken in your new sax!

Jose Luis Hinojosa
                  Participant

Quick question, Louis:
                    I noticed that you uploaded your songs onto this Forum on Soundcloud… and the sound quality is great! I went to their website and registered, but I can’t figure out how to record my song. I guess with Soundcloud you can upload it once you’ve recorded it, right? Louis, how do you record your sax? Any help (from you or anyone else in this Forum) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
                    Jose Luis

Louis
                    Participant

Hello Jose Luis!

Thanks for the encouraging words, and compliment. The horn seems to be breaking in wonderfully, and if you get a chance to try one, you outta! 🙂

I do upload previously recorded stuff onto Soundcloud. I know they have some sort of option on the app to record straight to it, but I have never really messed with it.
                      I personally use a Tascam DP-24 digital recorder with the SD card option. I record and edit everything on the device, and then use an USB cord to the PC, and basically use the recorder as a flash drive in a sense, with all the files being available to be downloaded into the PC or the website. I am sure there are easier ways to do this, but that is how I’ve done it.

Louis
                      Participant

Also, I know some use an interface, a microphone, and then connect it to their PC and use a program such as Garage Band, which I have heard some pretty darn good recordings off of, and then upload the file that way. Another easy down and dirty way to record would be breaking out the phone, and recording either audio or a video of the performance. The phone can work decently if you position the device using some trial and error. Then if it’s a video, simply upload it straight to YouTube and share the link! Just an idea.

Anybody have anything to add or suggestions? I am not too familiar with the interfaces for PCs and computer editing software, so input would be helpful.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.