Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Blue Moon fmajor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

still working on testing recording using 8 track digital recorder with akg c1000s mic

john
      Keymaster

nice mix levels JB. could use some reverb on sax to smooth it out a bit.
        hey, I used the AKG 1000 for many years, it’s a very decent mic for small diaphragm.

jake
        Participant

Nice one James. I still remember back when you first joined here! Major improvements. Love seeing that with our members over the years!! Sound and Video editing can be difficult to get a hold of as well. But when we are at that stage, we must be doing something right with our playing by then!! Good One!
          Jake

Anonymous

Thanks Jake, i cant and wont compete against sax players who have played most of their life. For me its just a hobby on the side, a lot of trained players have helped along the way.

I agree with you and Johnny, recording, EQ, compression, normalising, mixing, mastering – its complicated stuff. I like the 8 track digital recorder in preference to using logic pro, it feels more hands on and you don’t need to use any computer software to get to the final .mp4 file from the initial recording.

its amazing the software built into an 8 track recorder. i didn’t realise you could set Eq and set room type reverb on the input from the mic while recording as well as after the sax has recorded onto a track.

john
            Keymaster

if doing that procedure means you’re locked it to the added eq and reverb while recording, well, that’s a big commitment and I would only add those things after your sax was recorded so it can be altered otherwise you’re stuck with it and wold most likely want to change it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.