Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Book with sheets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Konrad
    Participant

Hey there!

I just wanted to ask if someone could give me a good tip regarding a book with notes for playing on saxo alto.
      I have been with my saxo nearly half a year now and in order to practice I would like to have some more “more or less easy” songs.

I already learned the ones from the ebook and I was looking around for something but I couldn’t really find anything useful. It would really be great if there is something with more than 5 songs 😎

Thanks already!

Michael Bishop
      Participant

Hey iX3n0,

If you’ve finished Johnny’s ebook, there’s actually a number of songs right here on Johnny’s site that you could play. When I finished Johnny’s ebook I was thinking that his songs were too hard for me, but when looking at his music charts there’s a number of them that is actually no harder to play the “Over the Rainbow.” Some of them are “What a Wonderful World” “Fly Me to the Moon” and “Mack the Knife” Johnny’s ebook on “How to Play Killer Blues” is full of awesome info. that will help take your playing to another planet.

Mark Konrad
        Participant

Hey Baboon,

thank you very much, that is exactly what I was looking for! As always, it was standing just in front of me and I was looking the other way 😀

Michael Bishop
          Participant

Also, if you look under the “lessons” section Johnny put a section there on “Improvisation” where he shows how to actually take 5 notes of a scale-called Pentatonic Scales–and you can get creative and create your OWN blues-style of music, PERFECT for the saxophone 🙂 On the first 2 lessons he included backtracks to use with what you learn. Make sure you know Part 1 really well before trying part 2, if you look at it you’ll see what I mean. One thing to keep in mind when you look at those lessons: You’re not limited to playing the scales in just one Octave only. So long as you stick with the scale, you can go as low or as high as you want to create some really cool “Honking and Screaming” music of your own! In his Killer Blues ebook he really expands on what’s on those Improvisation lessons.
            Another great song is Johnny’s new love song “And I Love Her” from the Beatles. I wasn’t been able to buy them all now in January (but I’m going to now in Feb) but just listening to this song it could be right up your alley too. I’m really looking forward to getting into them 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.