Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Premium Access Membership Born To Run

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

sorry guys, I thought everyone knew where it was.
      William is right, it’s not large, bold, and obvious though.

@William
      , the solo lesson is there too.

@Simon
      , just take it bit by bit as I do in the lesson…..one small lick at a time, you might surprise yourself.
      It’s not a really easy solo, but it does only consist of the 5 notes in the pentatonic scale.

RockinRobin
      Participant

Ya Johnny. I copied the Solo and set it on my music stand. I usually count new music , like anah 1 and 2 anah 3 and 4 anah etc. I do it with a whistle motion. So my daily exercise is blow through this solo every day before I tackle WAVE by Jobim in F.

RockinRobin
        Participant

I’ve been working on the “Born to Run” Solo. Being that it’s Rock’n Roll it must be Straight 8’s and not swinging 8’s. It’s too fast for swinging 8’s. I think or seem to remember Rock ‘n Roll calls for straight 8’s. it’s almost too fast to remember the melody right after I listen to it. Sounds like the 8 notes tie into the 16th notes so fast that it becomes one long slur.. I can tell where the down beats are suppose to come in. If I have to think about it it’s too late

RockinRobin
          Participant

Hitting the notes in”Born to Run” was easier today. After I practiced “Wave” I took on the “Born to Run” solo. The first two notes. C#, easy. just blow with the octave key; A#, two fingers like B flat and using the octave key Then more C#’s, add a D#. That’s like an E flat with the octave key and two aide levers. Soon I’m at the high F# using the fork key and onward.

john
            Keymaster

ya sounds good William…
              it’s not swingin 8’s that’s for sure, it’s more like Yakety sax if you think about it.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.