Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Brown Eyed Girl Van Morrison tenor sax cover Leo Salu

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Leo Salu
    Participant

sxpoet
      Participant

Well played! good clear tone.

i’ve got a long way to go, to be able to play the range of different songs you cover.
        i’m barely starting out with easier tunes like Michelle. Just about playing it better in time with the beat.

RockinRobin
        Participant

well played

Leo Salu
          Participant

Thanks Guys love putting video’s on the forum everyone is very supportive, I need that motivation!

Jeff
            Participant

Marvellous timing Leo 🙂

Leo Salu
              Participant

Thanks Jeff, really helps to know the song from hearing it all the time on the sixties channels, and Johnny’s versions always follow the original tempo perfectly.

Leo Salu
                Participant

here is the original song Johnny captured the song perfectly

Robert Frederick
                  Participant

Leo:

Great energy,tone, and expression. You are ready to play in public (if you haven’t already).

A few years ago, I had one very encouraging patron who was very supportive, and that got me started. She paid me $100 an hour, cash in my hand, and gave me a hug at the end of the night for playing at their large house parties. I continued to push out there and started charging a fee to play, not because I needed the money so much, but because I wanted to play where people were interested in having me there.

I just did two hours (free) for a fundraiser that we support. During the event, I put myself in the auction for a two-hour gig at the buyer’s event. They auctioned me off in front of 200 people, and the organization received two purchases for $200 each. I wanted to be supportive of the organization, and it helps me develop new customers, as I think that many people these days are not in the habit of hiring live saxophone music.

Do you play at public/private events?

Dr. Bob

Leo Salu
                    Participant

Hello Doc. good to hear from you, amazed you find time to play at events considering your job. (Rocket scientist comes to mind!) Yes i do play at public events just
                      did a concert at a senior center that was fun. I play at parties and did a baby shower a short time ago. As a retired senior (78) i enjoy playing in public and
                      always for free, just like to entertain folks. One of My favorite activity is putting videos on you tube, have one video that just hit 2500 views! Playing the sax is really great fun and a great stress reliever. The forum is also a great club to belong to lots of really helpful people here. I got a kick out of your being auctioned off pretty cool. Leo

Robert Frederick
                      Participant

Leo:

You must hold your breath a little to be auctioned off to 200 people. I think it will fund and expand the variety of vendors and people I can play for. Here is a picture of the event

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xW04yJSpgqbuAowo_sSzDFxBroeMJLQ8/view?usp=drive_link

You have a big microphone on your horn, and it sounds good.

I am enjoying using a NUX B-6 Saxophone Wireless (About $200). It comes in a nice charging case, is easy to use, and sounds great. I also have an Isolo system that works well, but I usually end up using the NUX as it is a little simpler to plug, store, in, and use.

Keep posting those videos.

Dr. Bob

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.