Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces FiberCarbon Mouthpieces – Nadir's new Ones

• This topic has 21 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by john.
Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Karsten Battermann
    Participant

I got two Tenor Fibercarbon FB MB IIs from Nadir for try-out, a 7 and an 8 one. I tested them with several reeds (medium Fiberreed Hemp, 2 1/2 and 3 vanDoren jaZZ, and 3m and 3h Rico Jazz). The result: the 8 works perfectly with me & my horn (a King Zephyr): easy to blow, clear and bright in the high range, and warm at the lower end. The 7 however did not work at all. The same reeds I had no problem with on the 8 were squeeking; overall sound not satisfying. As I am not too experienced I had two friends of mine play the MBs on their tenors (a Selmer and a Yamaha), with the same result: the 8 was way better than this 7. As we all did not expect such a large difference, we put it down to maybe some (although not visible) fault in the making, was is a “Monday model”?. Maybe it is a good idea to go somewhere where you can try out several pieces of the same model and make your choice.
      I like the sound better than that of the Otto Link Super Tonemaster 7 I played before, so I bought the 8 and play it since.

john
      Keymaster

I tried them both 2 and of course chose the 8.
        it’s safe to say most of us that have been playing for a good amount of time and been thru a few mp’s would choose the 8 over the 7 as the 7 would be too closed. the theory about one being made on a Monday is not even close. these are made on a CNC (Computer Numerical Control Milling Machine) which are very hi tech machines so everything comes out the exact same.
        but yes, playing a few mp’s side by side for comparison is always the best way to do it if you have that opportunity.

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.