Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces FiberCarbon Mouthpieces – Nadir's new Ones

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

ya right Mel, I totally agree with you. more brightness and “buzz” with the metal but the FC has a certain quality in the lower end that the other one lacks. I would also say the FC is slightly easier blowing in general, and this would probably be more apperant to a player with a lot less experience.

Alan Theberge
      Participant

I was considering the FC FB too but after listening to the sound files I feel there is too much of a contrast with the edge between low, middle and upper tones. I like the tone down low but it’s a bit too kazoo-like to my ears in the upper register. Don’t get me wrong I do like high-baffle mouthpieces but find the ones with somewhat consistent edge/brightness in all ranges sound best. Just my opinion.

William Cingolani
        Participant

Cardboard Box? Well to store my FC mouthpiece I happen to have an extra Theo Wanne case.http://store.theowanne.com/products/mouthpiece-pouch-single

Anonymous

I use the hard shell type glasses cases freely available from Opticians for storing my MP’s and extra reeds. The cases are padded inside which offers extra protection, I also wrap the MP’s with a glasses cleaning cloth so they don’t rattle around in the case. These glasses cases fit nicely inside the sax case.

jak Swift
            Participant

Thanks for the links William. The FC mpcs sound great and come in at a great price. I’ve spent the afternoon talking to my dealer. Sure this alto is fine, but after thirty years playing tenor \ bari, its a bit late in the day to switch. Just circumstances have left me in a tough spot. I’m confident well work something out. I’ll let him have the alto and an offset Berg 90 \ 1. I’m hoping to grab a decent tenor stencil, along the lines of a Varsity. I guess its always going to be tenorsax for me.

William Cingolani
              Participant

Ever since I started using my brass goose neck. the one that came with the horn my sound has improved and the fat bottom lip helps. I have been using a sterling silver goose neck but the brass goose neck and the fat bottom lip makes the sound fatter with buzz. My sax tech tole me that a lot of research went into the neck that selmer uses on their reference 54 saxophones. Sound has improved. My timing needs a lot more.
                Has anybody heard anything regarding the arrival of their fiber carbon mouthpiece. So I find it hard to keep up with a backing track or a metronome. But I sound good while trying to keep the beat.

William Cingolani
                Participant

Good Morning Johnny. What might be the progress of our fibercarbon mouthpiece orders?
                  William

john
                  Keymaster

I’m tracking it and they are at my local parcel centre
                    which means just a day or 2 away from me being able to mail em out to you.

john
                    Keymaster

Also, I’ve shipped the Fiberreeds out to everyone yesterday.

William Cingolani
                      Participant

Thanks Johnny

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.