Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Clarence Clemons 'Ramrod' Sax Solo with Bruce Springsteen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey Johnny,
      Really enjoyed your tutorial of Born to Run. I’m not working on that right now, but I couldn’t help myself to see the other Sax Goodies 🙂 I also love this Sax Solo by Clarence Clemons on Bruce’s song ‘Ramrod’ 🙂

john
      Keymaster

the solo really reminds me of some old 50’s tune but can’t quite put my finger on it…probably just their influences coming thru.
        ya Born to Run solo is a great example of how to use the major pentatonic blues scale.
        the other day I realized that I had spent so much time putting that together but didn’t even do the full song just the solo so now I’m gonna be finishing it…it’s really a masterful piece, should be fun.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Oh man, that sounds awesome 🙂 I think some of the best songs for Saxophone instrumentals are the ones that already have a Sax solo in it, like Born to Run. Another one I love is Billy Joel’s song ‘Still Rock and Roll to Me’ has a great solo that uses simple notes too 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.