Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video come together

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

i lve the sax sound on this

jake
      Participant

Man wish my alto sounded that good. holy altissimo in there! Wonder what his setup is??

Now I know most of the sound generated comes from the player but I see his sax had a mic on it. Think there are any effects added to the mix to alter the sound as well? I have messed around with some effects thru a PA to change up the sound a bit. Just was wondering??

To me the sax had more of a buzzy tenor sound. Wonder how to make my alto more buzzy like this? Any suggestions anyone??

Anonymous
          Anonymous
            Anonymous

he uses a vandoren jumbo mouth piece – my pro teacher was playing with with one of them on his selmer in my lesson – they are fantastic sounding mouthpieces!

jake
              Participant

amazing. thanks for this info!!

Michael Bishop
                Participant

Good stuff–I wonder what that MP would be like on Tenor Sax?

Anonymous

he plays a dukoff d8 on his tenor – you’d have to find something on youtube to hear what he sounds like.

The vandoren jumbo that my teacher was playing on his alto selmar this week was the first time i heard him playing using it,
                    and difference in sound was amazing, i thought he was playing on a different sax (he has quite a few sax’s). It was just like listening to one those professional top quality recordings, the other mouthpiece that he normally plays in my lesson just sounded likd an average joe’s mouthpiece, even though it sounded far better than my ysmaha.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.