Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Copacabana

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

Hey Jeff, I believe it is a combination of the material and/or baffle that can affect the sound. For this video I used meyer meyer 6 HR. There is no baffle in that piece at all. My Vandoren has a steep baffle in it. Perhaps I could take a nice close up pic of both and show the difference. Maybe then I will re-record the copacabana song using the Vandoren HR mp with the same Rigotti reed so you can hear the difference I hear. If this is something you would like to hear let me know, when I get a chance I will redo the song on my other MP.
      Hey Wayne, thanks for the comments. I def can give it air, I think I am the point where I want to supply air but be subtle at the same time. I may be afraid to push the air as I will lose the softness to it perhaps?? Still working on it. Yep, got me a new (to me) tenor. I picked up a Yamaha YTS-61. Took it to the shop and had it redone. Pretty nice upgrade for me to say the least!! As far as joining in your musical endeavor, sure. I am a little busy (but aren’t we all) but will do a collab of some sort. Let me know what you have in mind and what sax you want. I finally have all 4 now!! Nice variety. Tenor is def my favorite and goto sax though!! I got a couple new MP for my tenor I am currently experimenting with. I picked up a Theo Wanne Shiva Blue A.R.T. model and I have a Theo Wanne HR Datta on its way. Once I decide, I need to clean house on some of these mouthpieces. I think I have around 10 of them. LOL.

Anonymous

Hi Jake, yesterday I watched a YouTube video where a chap plays the same tune on 9 MP’s one after the other, and there wasn’t a great difference in sound.

If you have the time it would be great to compare your two MP’s. Especially if you could edit it so that you play say six bars with the one and then with the other, that would make it easier to hear the difference. I’ve heard that to compare sounds the comparison has to be done within 10 seconds.

I have a Vandoren VL5 MP too, which has a very similar tip opening to the Yamaha 4C, but the 4C just seems more comfortable to play to me.

James
        Participant

Hi Jake,

Nice job on that. Great tune to boot.
          Jim

Mark Kiziuk
          Participant

Very, VERY, well done! BRAVO!!!
            Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.