Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Registration or Download Issues definitely something not working properly with this site

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

first of all the ‘sign in” page, like all valid “sign in” pages that i have encountered, should respond by saying “User name” doesn’t exist or the “Password” is invalid when you sign in, and automatically come up with a “Logged in to website” message. This means i can’t tell if i’m “Logged in” or not.

I don’t think anything fishy is going on, i think it might be a problem with my i-touch, that is only working on the 2nd attempt at signing in.

But there is definitely a problem, with the forums, as it is not letting me add posts to an old message.

john
      Keymaster

yes we have been working on the forum issues all week but it’s fixed now.

Anonymous

Managed to sign in at the 1st attempt this time, and it’s come back with the normal screen, and allowed me to post a reply in the forums.

The only thing that needs sorting out, previously it used to indicate at the top of the screen, straight away that you were logged in. This is very important, as a security issue, for msking users feel secure.

john
          Keymaster

the forum issues I knew about and they are fixed as of earlier today.
            the sign in thing I have not experienced myself, and is working fine for me. check now because it may have happened at a time when things were being worked on I’m guessing.

Anonymous

Hi Johnny.
              I also experienced this problem the other day, but it does seem to be working again as normal.
              Cheers
              Jeff

Anonymous

My i-touch is now logging on in the 1st attempt, for the first time in weeks.

However there is still no message at the top of the screen like there was a few months ago, to indicate i had successfuly logged in, the only way i can now tell if i’m logged in is by going to the forums and scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the page, to see a logged on message or a message to say you need to login to make a post or reply to a message.

I maybe sounding over the top, but it
                is a very important security issue to indicate straight away that someone has logged in, before they attempt to do anything else on any web page site.

Anonymous

sorted – found my way round now

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.