Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Edgar Winter's "Easy Street" Sax solo on Alto

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

This has got to me one of my favorite Saxophone solos….and it’s on the Alto 🙂 Everyone loves the Tenor but it’s crazy to think that absolutely fantastic music can’t be played on the Alto. Listen to this guy’s tone…WOW. I’ve been making good use of my new Alto and have stuff coming very soon to upload…what a fantastic instrument! I think this song would make a cool Saxophone cover too–that solo is the icing on the cake 🙂

john
      Keymaster

This tune was huge for me as I was a big Edgar Winter fan in high school when he was putting out his recordings. I loved him for his singing, keyboard playing and alto playing. Many people I talk to about him don’t even know he played sax!
        I used to play this song in my band and would try to nail the solo note for note every time…so much fun, especially when I succeeded!
        David Lee Roth recorded it on his solo album and had Edgar do the solo, but they only included half of it on Roth’s version, and Edgar played it the same as on his original recording too.
        to me it’s just a perfectly constructed solo and played with so much soul.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

I didn’t know David Lee Roth did this song too–shame on me LOL Went to youtube and found it…I couldn’t find anything of him doing it live; I’m sure it’s there but I didn’t look deep enough. Man, this is a GREAT, GREAT song! Even with David Lee Roth’s version, that Sax solo is still the icing on the cake, even if it was only 1/2 of what Edgar Winter did on his cover of this song. I looked online and couldn’t find a backing track for either one of these songs…I’ll put this on the list to have made. I was thinking maybe having the track made as a “cross” between Edgar Winter’s and David Lee Roths–have the track produced in terms of length after Edgar Winter’s song so that I can play the entire solo, but with the rhythm/feel of David Lee Roth’s version? It sounds so great in the Edgar Winter version too…I think this one will be fun 🙂 Anyone who says the Alto isn’t great doesn’t know what they’re talking about!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.