Skip to main content

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Bill Mecca
    Participant

a fave that I don’t get chance to play often, but it was requested at an open mic the other night so I figure I would dust it off. Backing track is a friend’s band, they did a double time thing at the end, but I edited that out. anyway, here goes my version of Europa (for the gear geeks… Buffet SDA c. 1961, Otto Link STM .110 that was customized with a slight baffle and had the facing curve cleaned up. Plasticover #3

Anonymous

Nice one Bill!

I been trying to play this song at home and it’s good to hear another version.

john
        Keymaster

Nice Bill, way to blast those high notes, I know they can be a little tough.
          I started a backing track for this tune as well and will try to finish it soon.

William Cingolani
          Participant

Thanks Bill for a great post. That plasticover #3 reed sounds great.

Bill Mecca
            Participant

Thanks everyone. it’s a fun tune, and I listened to a couple versions by Gato and realized he changes it up nearly everytime he plays it, so that took a lot of the self imposed pressure off. 😉

William Cingolani
              Participant

Hi Bill Mecca. I’m trying to post something using soundcloud.

William Cingolani
                Participant

https://soundcloud.com/user-772494730/01-pretty-paper- Hi Bill, I’m trying to learn this uploading process using soundcloud

William Cingolani
                  Participant
                    Anonymous

luv your version Bill!

currently doing a lot of classical stuff, if i could play it, for me from
                      a classical angle i would slow the sax down a touch, up the dynamics and
                      in my head i hear a tenor singer really working the emotions.

Bill Mecca
                      Participant

Thanks gang, William, do you mean how I embedded the song here? When I uploaded to soundcloud, it gave me a share link, I just copied and pasted. 😉 I used to use and still do, soundclick.com, but recently started using soundcloud as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.