Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Premium Access Membership Expanding the Jukebox Melodies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey Johnny,

Really loving the selection the songs you put in the Jukebox 🙂 I love Ella Johnson’s tune ‘Don’t Shout at me Daddy’–cracking Sax solo 🙂 Do you plan on expanding more of that section as you can? I’m going to start working on Junior Walker Shotgun/Improvising lessons sometime this week, been dealing with a cough the last few days.

john
      Keymaster

ya Michael I often think about the songs in the jukebox and realize I want to and have more to add just gettin to it is the thing!
        shotgun will be a good one as it starts off with only one note. this is a lesson on using the pentatonic but is the easiest way I could possibly demonstrate it with one note then 2 etc.
        also, the very last lesson is not done yet. this is where we look at Jr Walker’s solo and compare it to our pentatonic etc. You can do the entire lessons up to that point and it won’t matter that the last one is not there yet.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Cool, looking forward to working on those lessons 🙂 Before I had to stop playing, I learned Junior Walker’s song’ How Sweet It is’ and had a custom backing track made for it through the folks I use. I’ll email it to you so you can check it out. Junior Walker and King Curtis are the 2 Sax players whose sound I hear in my head most of the time–that’s the concept of sound I hear in my head–I can listen to those guys all day long.

Talking about just using one note in our Improvising, didn’t Big Jay use lots of 1-note licks/riffs in his playing?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.