Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Tips Finale Print Music Software

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

If anyone bought this software for the apple mac. Finale has a special offer on till the end of this month – where you can upgrade online to the full blown Finale software for a 1/5th of the normal price.

Finale software sells for around £430 in the UK, i upgraded from Finale PrintMusic software for £89!

I bought the Finale PrintMusic software years ago, as i wasn’t prepared to spend over £400 for the full blown software, but at £89, thats a bargain.

You’re allowed to install it on two machines. My daughter wanted sibelius software for her studies, which i couldn’t afford, but now she can use Finale software which is along similar lines for her A’level music tech course

jak Swift
      Participant

Sounds good Sxpoet. Good luck to your daughter with her A level….a tech course sounds great…
        I’m useless with computers, just working off this small pad….it does for now.
        That name ” Sibelius ” rang a bell.
        If I need sheets \ dots…I get them from a Liverpool store…” Music in print “…..only yesterday, I noticed the ” Sib “…..
        Just curious , does this allow you to download and print off any pieces you need….??

jak Swift
        Participant

Regardless at 89 pounds…..BARGAIN !!☺☺

Anonymous

Thanks Jak, my youngest daughter is well into Music Technology, when she listened to my blues recording she couldn’t
            stop laughing at how crap my recording was in terms of echo, reverb, delay, compression – i felt honestly felt right depressed after that.

The Music software is brilliant, you create your own music sheets just like in the music books, and it plays it back, then you can print it off, useful if you also want to automatically transpose to a different key. I use it for compacting 2 pages of music sheets into 1 page, or if i want to create my own exercise sheets etc.. It’s basically a music editor. Check out the Finale website.

There are cut down versions of full blown software, some you have to pay, and some are free, like crescendo.

jak Swift
            Participant

LOL Sxpoet, our families are always are most honest critics…☺☺…..
              Feeling a little frustrated myself today….
              The fork fingerings on my 10M are still playing up..😕….
              On my second tenor , a clunky old thing, a full chromatic octave in altissimo works fine…
              I’m going to get it checked out tomorrow.
              As much as I love that horn, I’ve a feeling I’m going to save some $$…..
              Lupifaro make some fabulous horns…..
              The standard model tenorsax comes in at about fifteen hundred ( pounds )…..
              The plan is to wait until January; hit the sales.
              From time to time I wonder whether or not to quit tenorsax and concentrate solely on bari….
              I’m a better bari player, than tenor….
              Just one of those days……
              Vintage horns….sound great but can be high maintenance….not to worry, all in good time !!

jak Swift
              Participant

Always OUR most honest critics….
                Bad grammar…..tut tut…😉
                Teatime folks, look forward to catching up on Mel’s tunes later….
                Hope everybody has had a good start to the week.
                The weather here in Liverpool is atrocious… Summer has been and gone…😕😕
                Anyhow…Lasagne !! Mmmmmm !!!!
                See y,all later….

jak Swift
                Participant

The software sounds amazing…..
                  And a ” house producer “….. Miss Sxpoet…☺☺

Anonymous

@Jak – i’m currently practicing playing the 5ths and 6ths, for Low C up to high forked E – tuning wise. I would be very frustrated if my forked keys weren’t working! (last post, my bonnie lies over the ocean).

Had a lesson today, i couldn’t get my head round 4 simple latin bars – it was one of those days , where you pack it in, and try again tomorrow. just had a complete senior moment, looked at it again this evening, and i could kick myself for not getting it. Good thing my teacher has the patience of a saint! lol

dat dat dah dat – dat dah dat dat !

happy sax hunting!

jak Swift
                    Participant

Wow…dig the new update. Is anybody else getting these ?
                      Usually comes in as a standard G mail ( if you have ticked the box )….
                      Now it all, ” you have been mentioned in a status update “… Blah …blah…
                      Don’t think it was a private conversation , its up here !! The mysterious www…lol !!
                      Sxpoet; I said in a post a while back…you sound great man. How long has it been ? Do I remember four years ??
                      Yup, likewise mate, been one of those days. Here’s the thing. I’m not the most patient of souls.
                      I like to think I approach my practice sessions with as much zen ” less is more ” attitude.
                      I’m getting a lot better at that for sure…

Yesterday, I said , ” from now until the years end is more or less taken up by the top end and altissimo tenorsax …( my weak points )
                      Today; Monday, and half way through a session, I’m frustrated at not getting a clean altissimo chromatic scale !!
                      Sometimes, I expect too much too soon….
                      So; the 10M ??
                      I have always loved these horns. Some go for ” Martin “….” Beuscher “…” King “…that’s the vintage stuff. Oh, if you’ve got $10’000 to hand…a Selmer 6.
                      They are amazing horns. That’s the reason I guess, most of the pro players; Johnny included play them.
                      I did have one many years back…cost me three hundred pounds !!☺😕😕
                      That kind of cash for a horn ? I guess a car, any expensive hobby; its not ludicrous. If you are a pro player and it is your horn of choice; ??
                      Its always been vintage horns for me. I’ve owned two brand new horns. After my King bari was crushed by a toppled p.a stack, ” Mauriat ” had just come on the scene. The ” Mauriat ” bronze bari is by far and away the heaviest , clumsiest bari I’ve ever had the misfortune to own ( for a day !! ).
                      The second was a ” Phil Barone “…serial number..0001 !! I’d played on of PBs mpcs for a while ; he was nice enough to ask my opinion on his horns….I did pay !!
                      They were amongst the first Tai horns. It wasn’t too cheap and in the end that went to Spain.
                      Excuse my rambling. I’m just chilled out on the bed mulling over this altissimo problem…cont.

jak Swift
                      Participant

I am quietly confident a couple of weeks more , I’ll have this altissimo down on the Conn.
                        It is frustrating Sxpoet… Very !!
                        I can get alt Ab up to G….just the E\ F \ F# progression is not happening ( today !! )
                        Pretty much the same as a while back. Either, dropping or jumping an octave….on those three notes !!
                        Tomorrow back to vowel shapes ( embouchure ); tongue position also. I’m not taking this in for at least a couple of weeks until I’m absolutely sure.
                        One thing I am sure of !! If I save hard , I can get a NEW tenor in the New Year. One way or another, I need to get this altissimo down….
                        Less haste !! By the years end !!☺☺

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.