Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Health Survey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    saxomonica
    Participant

Hello everybody!
      COPY from FB “Saxophone Talk” being fyi
      🙂

Saxophonist friends!
      As part of my master’s degree, I am doing research on musicians’ health. Today I am launching an online survey for my data collection. The purpose of this research is to improve our health and education resources for the prevention of injuries and musculoskeletal disorders.
      Here it is:
      This message is for all saxophonists 18 years of age and older.
      We are calling on you to participate in a large survey on saxophonists’ awareness of playing-related physical health problems.
      We invite you to complete an online survey, strictly anonymously, that aims to:
      â—Ź Target the most common physical health problems among saxophonists;
      â—Ź Assess the prevalence of playing-related musculoskeletal disorders (PRMDs) among saxophonists;
      â—Ź Assess saxophonists’ awareness of health an prevention of common PRMDs;
      The survey, which you can complete in no more than 15 minutes, will be available until December 7, 2022.

It can be found here:
      http://ls.sondages.umontreal.ca/689716?lang=en

This survey is being conducted by student researcher AmĂ©lie Richard as part of her master’s degree on saxophonists’ health. With the help of her research director, Professor Caroline Traube, she is conducting this survey in order to target the relationships between awareness of playing-related physical health problems and the prevalence of playing-related musculoskeletal disorders. The goal is to improve the resources available to saxophonists to reduce physical health problems and allow them to play more comfortably.
      If you have any questions about this investigation, please contact the research team at: amelie.richard.5@umontreal.ca
      The research project has been approved by the University of Montreal’s Arts and Humanities Research Ethics Board (CERAH) – project #2022-2260
      Thank you in advance for your participation!

https://ls.sondages.umontreal.ca/689716?lang=en&fbclid=IwAR3oeCSzM0jA22nr5HUPMKRqcqmwdt8gT2urmpKGTcIEBLyXWoKEXsLB8nM

Anonymous
        saxomonica
        Participant

sx poet
          >
          Your contribution is essential to the development of this research project. Thank you for giving us your time!

If you are interested in receiving the results of this study, please contact us at the following email address: amelie.richard.5@umontreal.ca

Anonymous

Thanks Saxomonica,
            i only respond to health surveys that come directly from my Doctor’s Practice, these are the only one’s that i respond to.
            Data protections laws about what organisations can do with individuals personal details outside of my country are different to those within my country.
            If such a survey was conducted in my country, it would done through my Doctor’s Practice as part of an individuals data protection.

saxomonica
            Participant

â–ş Thanking you, sx poet, be aware, please, that all the while others may choose to participate, ya; and, it is put to you that there is no request for disclosure of any personal information wherein this particular survey hitherto from Montreal University, Canada, that is of course unless at the end of the survey where one may desire to later Email the Researcher being for the Survey results. Notwithstanding, we all have our ways. Cheers, mate. Shine on.

[Atephobia, Latin, fear of ruin or ruins.]

â–ş Music can take you places ..

Today for example, they put country music on and I went to the next bar.

â–ş “The Surgery Prodigy”

Patient: “Hey Doc, is there any chance I’ll be able to play the violin after the operation?”

Doctor: “After some healing, yes, of course!”

Patient: “Great! How exciting. I never could before!”

🙂

Anonymous

Genuine medical research and patient confidentiality needs to go through the proper health organisation channels applying to each country.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.