Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Hello Everyone!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sheila Simpson
    Participant

Hello Everyone!
    I am Sheila and live in Nebraska, USA. I have picked up the Alto Saxophone again after almost 40 years. I am excited about this website, forum, Johnny and to see others playing the sax. I spent my afternoon yesterday working on the Elvis Presley I Can’t Help Falling in Love. I practiced 3 hours so there are about three times during this recording that a note wasn’t solid. But I am pretty happy with how practice went. Also it isn’t a great recording I was just working on getting the sax part down. I will get better at both the sax and recording I promise. LOL Thanks for allowing me to be part of this group and I look forward to getting to know everyone. https://youtu.be/dRHVS4rga18 (In fact the Neck Strap that I am using in the video is the Neck Strap I used 42 years ago. Nothing like dating yourself. LOL) Happy Practicing!

JohnnyJohnny
    Keymaster

Sheila thanks for sharing with us…
    as I have said to all who listen; recording ourselves is a valuable thing to do. believe me, months down the road you will be glad you did. you have a lot of good things going on; timing, decent air support, reading. Keep it up and all will improve quickly!

PetePete
    Participant

Well done Sheila, yes like Johnny says your timing was good and you can blow the horn not bad after 40 years “rest”.

MelMel
    Participant

Go Sheila!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.