Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Hello Saxheads, from Geoff in Thailand

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’m Geoff, from England, but living and working in Thailand and I’m new to the premium members area. I’ve been a member of other sites in the past, but I find Johnny’s taste in music a lot more to my taste, which boosts my enthusiasm. I’ve been playing tenor for around 5 years. I play in the Sax Quartet and Big Band at the Uni I work
      in, they mainly play Thai music, mostly Jazz written by the former King of Thailand which everyone knows here. I’ve felt a bit stuck or overwhelmed over the last year or so and not quite sure how to progress and which materials from the masses available I should use. Hopefully Johnny and his site can help me.

john
      Keymaster

Hi Geoff, glad you could join us. I would start from the beginning of the Premium members area. Since you have been playing for a few years you could quickly branch out to a few different areas such as improvisation and focusing on a few specific tunes, and reading.
        don’t try and do more than a few things like that or your sense of being stuck, lost or overwhelmed will not go away!

saxomonica
        Participant

Welcome @Geoffrey
          i hope you can find some great airs here to your taste, mate

way cool ‘eh?
          Let it out.
          let it go

LET IT RIP!!!

have fun,
          stay cool
          hey is it snowing in Thailand?

might be it’s manifest the advice to us all is, to stay focused 🙂

Anonymous

Thanks for you encouragement. I will do my best to stay focused on a few things and see where that takes me. It is snowing in Thailnd on the video, if it happens elsewhere I think it might be a problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.