Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Reeds Henry Hartmann’s Fiberreed — these are excellent, thx Johnny

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jazz Cat
    Participant

thx for the recommendation on fiberreeds, they’re great.

i held off buying for a couple years cuz normal plastic reeds really suck; i play vandoren cane

these fiberreeds are great, each has a very unique sound, which is terrificm eg muted vs bright

super since no need to take reed off mp and put in mouth before playing

many thx johnny

im loving the hemp premium best so far… and not just cuz i live in colorado lol

Jazz Cat
      Participant

nice sound

[audio src="https://trademastery.com/mp3/fibrreedhemphn.mp3" /]

john
        Keymaster

glad you also are enjoying them….I discovered them several years ago and have been playing em ever since. I also played Vandorens for many year prior.
          Hemp was one of my faves until they came out with the Onyx and then the Copper…they have several good ones to choose from these days.

RockinRobin
          Participant

I like the Onyx reeds and sometime the copper. Right now I have a soft onyx reed in my fatboy mouthpiece
            William

john
            Keymaster

I been playing my fatboy for the last couple tunes Im working on….it’s got a nice big tone but my intonation isn’t quite as good as my other mp’s
              I’ve always felt that with the fatboy…maybe still do cause I don’t spend enough time with it….that’s my only complaint with it.

Jazz Cat
              Participant

they are game-changers.. thx johnny for the heads-up. i was telling my teacher grace about them today. they are Shockingly great… and ive been playing for decades. its unfortunate that reeds make such a big difference, it would be nice if they didn’t… so having these is a huge plus. I’m getting a bunch of them.

biggest plus is now i can much more easily hit high and low notes, with full resonant sound w/hemp reed

and mega-plus is no need to put them in your mouth/water before using. no squeaks. taking reed off mp to put in your mouth before playing every time is the biggest pita ever, with these i just pick horn up and blow. i owe you johnny, many thanks. 99% of plastic reeds all suck, but these fiberreeds kick ass, i’ll use these from now on 🙂

Jazz Cat
                Participant

heres my latest

[video src="https://tradingjazz.com/mp3/kenhempreed.mp4" /]

Jazz Cat
                  Participant

these reeds made a substantial improvement in my playing, seriously 15-20%, which is a pleasant surprise. highs and lows are easier, and much better getting close to growling with these. i need to study the altissimo course again; these will help

Mel
                    Participant

Love my Carbon Onyx!

Jazz Cat
                      Participant

i like the copper carbon classic 2.5 best so far, likely need to retest onyx at harder 3.0 strength

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.