Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Hi from Ottawa.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ron Bell
    Participant

Hey Johnny I like the way you play your covers, all the classics and more, sounds great.

I played the clarinet for 2 years in high school back in the 70’s. Yep I’m older than you. Music teacher wouldn’t let me switch to the saxophone so I quit. My mistake but I’m back into it now. Alto, I bought it used, 2 years ago and joined the New Horizons Band. They’re great, lot’s of older folk who are like myself picking it up again. I like funky jazz, classic rock songs with good sax licks, swing, old rock-60’s and 70’s.

Keep up the good work.

Ronny B

john
      Keymaster

Hi Ronny, thanks for the feed back. Love Ottawa, been there lots over the years on tours etc.
        lot a guys have a past relationship with the clarinet, I know many who started off with it then switched to sax. I tried to learn clarinet later cause was teaching it to kids….I didn’t like it….neither did many of the kids!
        sounds like you’re into a lot of the same kind of music as myself and others here, that’s awesome, glad you found us!

Dennis Clover
        Participant

Hi ron, hi johnny! will be reading abt ur articles and premium access.
          glad to know likeminded saxophone players here =)
          lets do a good song for christmas soon!

john
          Keymaster

yes, I know lots of people like to start practicing chrismas songs early to get em ready…..been thinkin bout that too.

Jose Luis Hinojosa
            Participant

Welcome to the group, Ronnie!
              I went through a similar situation in HS band. I, too, played clarinet and the band director hated that I also wanted to learn saxophone.

Johnny does a great job and you’re gonna enjoy it here!
              José Luis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.