Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Hi from Scotland

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    George Price
    Participant

A bit of background. I was learning tenor sax a few years ago, and probably doing all right, but due to two house moves, change of job and other things, the sax got put away. I was playing and learning mainly jazz and blues using the Aebersold books and similar. I had a tutor who was great and I really enjoyed playing along with someone else.

I actually had two tenors, Jupiter Series 5 and a Keilwerth EX90. Recently whilst clearing some space I decided to sell the Jupiter, but before doing so I had t test it. It brought back that great feeling you get when you hear a tenor sax playing. So, my musical tastes have moved slightly towards 50’s rock’n’roll and getting back into playing my sax.

I couldn’t find any books, websites or other teaching material for rock’n’roll until I came across this website. Spent my money, downloaded a bundle of music including Rock Around The Clock, and started playing. Sold the Jupiter and got my Keilwerth out only to find it needs a service. Nothing serious but some of the felt pads are coming unstuck between the keys and the body and I’m having some difficulty with the low Bb etc. I was playing these low notes on the Jupiter, so will put my sax in for a service and hopefully will get rockin’ soon.

Looking forward to some of the books I can buy on here.

Cheers

Geo
      Scotland

paddy jordan
      Participant

HI Geo welcome to Johnny,s site, your story back ground is one that comes along many times on this forum i include myself here with that.You will find some great stuff here to get tucked into so hope you enjoy the journey.

jake
        Participant

Welcome George! You have found a great community with a wealth of information, and a fantastic mentor in Johnny!!

Mel
          Participant

Welcome George! I am new here myself. It is an awesome site! Have fun blowing!

Mark Kiziuk
            Participant

Welcome! I love the sound of a tenor sax myself! I also repair saxophones. So, hello George from Scotland, this is Mark from New York.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.