Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Hi. New and overwhelmed…

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

JF is an excellent teacher!

My point is that you need to have a teacher in the same room as you are in with most wind instruments. Jf would be excellent if could go round to his house.

If you do UK grades, you most definitely have to have a Uk teacher in front of you. I can’t rely on learners or youtube for what i’m doing.

One of the problems swapping between tenor & alto. After playing tenor you feel the alto is a lot easier to blow – the problem with that is the alto doesnt need to be blown like a tenor – resulting in a lof inexperienced players blowing the alto like a tenor – resulting in blowing the alto badly out of tune and intonation. Theres no need to buy a tenor when you can do more exercises to build up your breathing technique.

I don’t know if you know anyone who drives a truck for a living? But when you are a passenger in their car at the weekends, they throw the car around a lot harsher than a normal car driver. Well thats just like going from tenor to alto.

I’ve got nothing against anyone buying different instruments for fun or whatever reason – at the end of the day imho you’re only going to sound better on your main instrument.

Anonymous

Sxpoet – Yes, I agree with you. I was tutored for the piano for a number of years and having a person sitting next to you is the best option when its available.

Do you know of an exercise I can do to strengthen my diaphragm muscles, when I’m just sitting without a sax or not in the gym?

Swimming does help, but its the ability to blow harder which I need to develop. Cheers

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.