Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions How can I make more than the plain Tenor Saxophone sound?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Hurst
    Participant

Hey Johnny! I have a question on my tone. I recently received a Selmer Reference 54 Tenor Saxophone, and I am enjoying it very well! But I want to make more sound than just the usual, ordinary band sound. Can you help me? Thanks! 🙂
      25v3p-357440.jpg

john
      Keymaster

Wow, what a beautiful finish on that horn!
        Regarding your request, yes, I think I can help you, that’s why I started this website!
        Seriously, there’s many aspects to this whole thing about getting your own personal big beautiful sound.
        I have no idea where you’re at or what you sound like right now so I can only suggest the general tried and true methods I have recorded lesson videos on. The good news is these are tone and technique building exercises so they work for every one regardless of how long they’ve been playing. Start with the lessons in the beginners and also tone sections.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Hey Jhurst556, another thing you could do is to upload a video to the blog, doesn’t have to be anything elaborate at all, many members record themselves with they’re mobile phones. By uploading something then Johnny could see exactly where you’re at. The blog is such a huge help because then he can see exactly what we’re doing right and wrong–and besides I would love to see you do something on that beautiful Saxophone of yours!

Jonathan Hurst
          Participant

Thanks Baboon and Johnny! I will have a recording posted tomorrow. I’ve been playing for a few years now, so I do have quite some experience.. 😉

Jonathan Hurst
            Participant

Hey guys! My video link is up on the blog….I messed up on some parts(freestyling blues session) but enjoy!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.