Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Is this a good value

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    john springer
    Participant

“i would not buy it , there many more out the better and cheaper in price”, wow, did not expect that comment, “better and cheaper”. Well, ok. I guess maybe I will wait a little bit. I am not even sure if I am an Alto or Tenor guy. I guess for the moment I am tenor since I spent over $200 on a tenor mouth piece and do not feel like buying another one, ha ha. As for budget, $2000; but I want used sax cause I want better for cheaper and that sometimes works. I also like the black finish. Yea, a lot of what I is also based on eye appeal and for me a glossy black is with gold keys is the shit.

john
      Keymaster

well sounds like you got it narrowed down quite a bit so just keep looking. as for alto or tenor, spend some time listening to some real good players of each.

brother cavefish
        Participant

cheaper meaning less expensive ,,yamaha YTS 52 or 62 (not the purple label one) are not bad, , allegros, i think cannon ball is alright,, P mauriatseem to be nice higher in price, but there is alot of refabbers out there who rebuils and sell,, i had a YTS 52,, it sounded great with the right set up there great,, no engraving but who cares,, mouthpiece marketplace on facebook has a couple of dudes who rebuild and sell,,or just get some of those high end ones Johnny talked about , put the 2000 down and make payments,, a good horn really sounds nice, but so does a rebuilt one with the right mouthpiece,, the older conns sound sweet,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Tenor-Saxophone-YTS-62-with-Yamaha-Hard-Case-and-mouthpiece-Very-Good/333122591967?hash=item4d8fa75cdf:g:5sYAAOSwoutckBRW on sell right now

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.