Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Just Beginning

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Eric Francis
    Participant

Hi Johnny I live in Mandurah Western Australia I’ve recently purchased a second hand Tenor Yamaha from the 70s as I’ve always wanted to learn how to play.
      I’ve been trying to play it by your video’s & finding it very helpful. THANK Eric

saxomonica
      Participant

Hi @Eric_Francis a big WELCOME to the site – and i’m sure @Johnny will soon extend the hand of a personal welcome to your good self.

Meanwhiles ..

Hey bloke i live up near Rowley Rd and the Freeway being not to far from you and with lotsa room to practice.
        I only been tootin’ a year or so and actually i dunno any other sax players – just me mates on line here.
        Hope we can catch up sometime! Ima ’60’s model. PM me and keep in touch?
        Blow me kangaroo down sport. I learnt to play here. Itz all the lessons i got. And all i need.

Anyways. Here’s a thang –

” This Sunday 10 Feb
        Bill Rogers (ex Dragon) Boots ‘n all
        The Duke of George
        36 Duke Street, East Fremantle, Western Australia
        Tickets · $15
        Pay at event

Bill Rogers is best known for his all-encompassing stage presence as lead vocalist and saxophonist in Fremantle institution – Zydecats. In this debut line up of country soul & blues – he’s accompanied by the exceptional voices of daughters Billie and Anna Rogers, Dave Brewer (guitar/vocals), Phil Bailey (electric bass) and Pete Guazzelli (drums).
        Get set to be entertained and moved to boogie; boots n all.

Doors open at 4pm with the band playing from 5pm. $15 on the door. ”

So. All the best on the journey!! It begins here 4 sure. Stay tuned. Suggest go Premium Membership if you can. Lots more stuff.
        All the best,
        Mark

john
        Keymaster

great Eric glad to hear it!
          I remember playing some Yamaha’s during the 70’s, I thought they played really nice. what model do you have?

Eric Francis
          Participant

Hi Johnny my sax is YTS-21 purchased on gumtree with a full service and pads replaced as I’m just learning I thought it would be a good start. Eric

Eric Francis
            Participant

Hi Mark that sounds good I wouldn’t mind to catch up sometime soon by the way I get my first lesson This afternoon. Eric

john
              Keymaster

cool, I think the 21 is the model prior to the more recent and well-know 23 but basically the same horn so ya, you’ve got a top student model which will do you well for years to come….good luck!

Kevin Perkins
                Participant

Another Aussie here, but from Melbourne way, I fell in love with the sound of the sax when I was a kid but never had the chance to learn, almost 64 now, so it’s now or never.
                  Spent a week researching what would be the first & probably last sax I’d buy.
                  Settled on a Yanagisawa WO2..bad timing maybe due to renovations..so it’s small steps at the moment..working on my embouchure exercises though.
                  Enjoying your vids Johnny, the tunes stick in my head for days & I swear I can here you play when in bed, also the way you explain things are a great help.

john
                  Keymaster

Awesome Kevin congrats on your decision!
                    not familiar with the WO2 personally but know the Yani to be a very good brand so you’ll be good there.

cheers
                    Johnny

Kevin Perkins
                    Participant

I should mention it’s an Alto, shame to touch it, the shine is really something.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.