Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Last Date

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

ya Michael, I’m mostly using my metal Guardala with that Onyx reed but
      the combination with the Fibercarbon Fatboy is nice for a slightly softer sound I guess which is good for the ballad stuff.

Tim56
      Participant

Still can’t get Last Date? I’ll check again. Tim

john
        Keymaster

Guys I’m really sorry cause I messed up!
          I thought I had uploaded the link of Last Date to the Repertoire section of the Premium Membership
          but it didn’t stay up…I must have mixed up the pages.
          sometimes when I’m getting ready to upload there’s so many things to remember it can get crazy.
          anyway, I will have every new song there for you guys so you really won’t need to request it as a last resort.

john springer
          Participant

Hi Johnny! I am practicing Last Date (I love your version). I was noticing that at time 1:19 you are fingering a basic G, but instead of keeping the same fingering for the Octave G, you used an alternate fingering. Now from my novice perspective and sense of economy, my knee-jerks comment is – why did you go through the extra effort of using an alternate fingering when were already setup for the high G at 1:20. I am in no position to critique and so I am not, but I am only asking to gain insight. Thanks! Oh wait I think I can answer my own question – LOL. I am guessing that an Altisimo G is what u r playing and that requires a different fingering – yes?

john
            Keymaster

ya John that’s an altissimo G. It’s basic fingering is the very top key on left hand. That fingering alone is usually a little flat (for me) so I also add the left hand G# pinky plus the right hand bottom palm key.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.