Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Lawton on E Bay !!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Yup, I’ve put my very early Geoff Lawton up for sale. The guy who helps me out , Peter, he has all the computers, PayPal.
      So yeah, its $400
      Anybody on here want it , I’ll go $375 and will kick back 10% into the site.
      Sound fair ?
      Seller name, silverfoxpeterjason.
      Check it out..thanks JF !!

jak Swift
      Participant

Sorry, its a 6B. Loud , bright. Check out James Carter, he’s been playing one for years .

john
        Keymaster

I remember Lawton’s from way back but don’t ever think I tried one.

jak Swift
          Participant

Yeah Johnny, the guy Geoff Lawton came from a real small town here in UK. Back then no www. I know a few players on American bases traded them for other mpcs. Gradually I guess they made there way into the US !!
            James Carter, as I said , yeah , sounds great .
            The price ? It is what it is man; fair I’d say, though I got it a little cheaper ?
            If you wan to borrow it you got my mail address.
            Cheers boss….jak

Pete
            Participant

Hi Jak
              Yea Geoff Lawton lived in Macclesfield Cheshire and his workshop was at the back of his house
              he made all the mouthpieces their I went to the house and he made a 9*BB for me, sold 6months ago
              far to loud for me but what a great engineer he was. Jason his son still makes them from the house
              in Macclesfield I think, went to him few years back so he could reface the rails on 7*b I had.

jak Swift
              Participant

Peter, hi mate. Longtime , how’s things ?
                That’s a great tale, so you met the guy ….great !!
                Heard not great reports about Jason’s work.
                In short , I was told he was finishing the blanks his Father had left …end of story.
                In saying that , the mpc snobs know it all.
                A link has to be a 47 babbit with two rings, and the number in large font on the left, no higher than …blah blah !! Then you find they can’t play a note…lol !! So , I lose track ; what you using now bud ? Thanks for the reminder, I’ll check E Bay now …later. Jak.

Pete
                Participant

Jak
                  Sold both my Lawtons on “Pre-Loved site no problem, I am using
                  10m fan HR MERLOT and still have a link stm new York 7*. Try it
                  on Preloved if you have no luck on ebay, wont cost you anything
                  worth a try.

jak Swift
                  Participant

Thanks Peter, best to you and the family….jak

jak Swift
                    Participant

What’s your opinion on the 10M Fan ” Merlot ” ?

Pete
                      Participant

Find it ok Jak, went onto HR from metal due to not liking
                        the “feel” of the metal anymore on my teeth, strange as it
                        sounds but that was my reason. Love the merlot sound and
                        I play for my own pleasure it sounds warm and you can be
                        bright with it to, so yea happy with it just need a good
                        lig now, bought a Marc Jean to go with it but not to sure
                        I like it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.