Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video NEW MBII RECORDING

• This topic has 24 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Dazza
    Participant

Early morning recording of a song I have been playing for a while on my new MBII. Not warmed up enough and trying to play soft for fear of the neigbours waking.I brought all my recording gear home to use Audacity on my desktop as the room at work was too noisy with telephone equipment buzzing. Still trying to get the setup right but I think it’s sounding good – isn’t it??

Michael Bishop
      Participant

Most definately sounding good Dazza……VERY good. I don’t hear a single squeak in your playing either, seems like you’re adjusting to it very well. You got some good vibrato going in there with some of that gritty growl coming out in a few places…I like it 🙂 I think I remember reading a post somewhere that you expressed concern about being able to play a Guardala? Doesn’t sound like you’re worried about it too much any more 🙂 What reeds are you using here? I can’t believe you didn’t wake your neighbors up with that beast of an MP LOL Very cool, great job. On a side, the last of my home recording equipment will be here on Monday, so I’ll start my uploads here pretty soon. I’ve been playing with my mics/interface…MUCH better than my daughter’s cheap Android phone…actually I’m to blame for that because I need to buy her an updated one LOL

William Cingolani
        Participant

Sounds great. Tell me about “Audacity”. I do have soundcloud

Dazza
          Participant

Thanks fellas. If it did wake them it dont matter! I am settling in to the ZZ’s 2 and they are feeling good. Gonna stick with them for continuity for now and get some consistent feel with the MP. I am enjoying the tone so much more now with the MB and even playing scales sounds cool.

i went with the free Audacity version for now as it does what i need for now. Allows for some reverb and compression although someone might like to explain what compression is and does. I used it but I don’t know if it made much difference.

I am going to tackle “I Feel Fine” and “Sway” today so see how they go. Bring it on Michael, can’t wait to hear some more uploads.

Michael Bishop
            Participant

You went about adjusting to your Guardala the right way Dazza…with an MP like that some folks would want to just go ‘straight for the throat’ so to say and just start playing stuff right away because they’re so excited to have a high-caliber MP like you now have. With my new Interface I have been experimenting with the compression, I haven’t noticed much of a difference. For me, the big difference was just having some good mics. In what is almost 3 years of learning to play from Johnny, I have NEVER had a good mic, it’s a breath of fresh air to say the least. In listening to your Guardala, I would imagine the Altissimo would sound FEROCIOUS. The only thing I would be concerned about (strictly speaking about here where I live) is using it in more intimate settings in public, being at a restaurant, etc. How is the MP say for Subtones, soft melodies? Be glad Dazza, that MP is a keeper for life.

jake
              Participant

That was GREAT! Sounds like you are getting a really good handle on that new MP. I was afraid of hearing how good these were going to sound as to make me take the plunge as well. Intonation seemed really good down low. I was really hoping and waiting for you to jump up an octave there at the end, and make that tenor scream. That would really elevate this tune for sure!!!!! How the intonation at the upper end of this MP? Keep up the great work!! Sounds amazing for sure!

Kevin
                Participant

Dazza, thank’s for uploading. That’s a definite thumbs up for tenor sax tone. Loved the song choice too! Can’t wait to hear you rip on a song where you don’t have to “hold back”. Great encouragement to hear such a profound improvement from selecting a MP that achieves the tone and playability you are after…

john
                  Keymaster

Your tone has improved already. There is an edge there that wasn’t before and I also agree that your intonation is better.
                    couple nice sounding light growls there too.
                    keep blowing louder Dazza, when you can.
                    another thing I do, which will help you is to think ahead…
                    you mentioned you’ve been working that tune for a while but there are hesitations.
                    we can overcome these by simply thinking a few notes ahead.
                    good choice on the mp, I think you’ll start to hear good improvements on tone. get back to some basics now with long tones and working with a tuner, these 2 things will really help you to gel more with your new buddy!

Dazza
                    Participant

Thanks all. Still plenty to work on but it is sure a lot more fun now that I can see and feel the improvements

Dazza
                      Participant

You can see I’m the one on holidays hey! Another one with a bit more punch from Grease. I can’t blow much louder than this Johnny!! My daughter and I are performing this one at a function at work soon. She better sing LOUD! Interestingly for those recording buffs I moved 2 feet closer to the mic and turned it down a bit and got a reasonable result. There are a lot of adjustments you can play with here and boy it takes some time experimenting – but it’s FUN.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.