Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video NEW MBII RECORDING

• This topic has 24 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

Yes Mr Tenor Man, you’re on your way.
      Keep it up, I’m happy for you.

jake
      Participant

Sure sounds like you are enjoying the new MP! Well you made me pull the trigger, Just ordered me a Fatboy for the tenor!!
        Keep blowing loud Dazza, sounds like the higher notes could use a little more to really fill them up. Your low notes sure sound sweet. I finally get a few days off next week, can’t wait to make up lost time with my sax!!

paddy jordan
        Participant

Great Sound Dazza and thats what the sax is all about!

Anonymous

Well played Dazza – hats off to you.
            i would rate you now as being between grade 3 and grade 4 on those performances.

What you need to do now is to lay into the expression of phrasing – once you start
            doing that you’ll move into grade 5 level, how ever grade 5 level stuff can be technically
            more challenging pieces to play. But at the rate you are developing – shouldn’t be a problem.

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Hey Dazza,
              That song “Hopelessly devoted to you” is a cool one–did you say that’s from the movie “Grease”? It kind of has a feel/swing to it like a country song of sorts, that’s a really cool tune 🙂 Did you mention you’re on leave time right now? Make good use of it and blow that beast 🙂

Dazza
              Participant

Yeah MB. It’s a great song by one of Australia’s greatest singers ONJ. Was fun to learn and builds quickly as it is really short song. Only been playing that one for a couple of weeks but wanted to record it anyway. Will keep that and compare in a few months.

Thanks for the great comments and support guys. It’s really encouraging. Thanks mostly to JF for providing the platform for us all to post and share and to learn and grow our skills. I am happy with my progress however as I listened back to the songs I recorded and posted I can see many areas in need of improvement. But that’s a good thing I guess! Can’t wait to hear some stuff from the other “Breckers” out there when you can. I am sure we will still all sound very different.

Will make the most of these two weeks off and get stuck into the basics as per Johnnys advice. Reading you loud and clear JF!

Michael Bishop
                Participant

Hey Dazza,
                  Did you get the backing track for Hopelessly Devoted to you from Karaoke? That’s one of those songs that would sound great on either Tenor or Alto. You make a great point about others who have the Guardalas sounding very different from each other…our sound has to come from us, the player! You sound great for sure Dazza, keep at it 🙂

Dazza
                  Participant

I had a go at Sway and recorded a few times and each one had some blemishes so here was the best of a bad bunch. Only been playing thios one for a few weeks and had some fun at the end with as little Pentatonic solo??

After a 3 am finish at a 21st party last night I am still SWAYING myself but couldn’t resist a blow. Sleep time now!!….

paddy jordan
                    Participant

Dazza you did a really great job here with this one,i have been chipping a way on on this one, but i have a lot more before to do before i catch up to your rendition.And the tone your your getting with the new mouthpiece is awesome!

Dazza
                      Participant

Thanks Paddy. It’s interesting when you listen back a few times you pick up many things that aren’t great like some timing issues and that higher register needs some work but overall I’m happy. Importantly, now that I can record properly I’ll be able to keep a record of my advancement. One thing I’m curious about is that the sound that reaches my ears when I play in my recording room without headphones sounds very less appealing than the recorded piece. When I play against a wall or glass door the tone is very nice which I can only assume is the REAL sound my sax is producing. When I play in the middle of the room I suppose the sound I hear is broken down. Does this mean the tone I hear through the mic to the raw recording is the NATURAL sound of me or does a mic enhance the sound it receives.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.