Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces new mouthpiece

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    sxpoet
    Participant

currently i only possess one mouthpiece – metal alto guardela king, which is perfect.

So now i decided i would like another mouthpiece but not a metal one, an ebonite one instead, probably because i’ve started playing the clarinet.

Clarinets have a pure sound, whereas saxophones don’t have a pure sound due to the pipe shape and conical shape difference.

So i was looking around for a mouthpiece similar in design to my metal mouthpiece, and the only one i could find with a small chamber and high baffle was the jody jazz jet mouthpiece.

saxomonica
      Participant

Oh ya, Jody Jazz, my dream metal mp if i could only afford one!

JF says great thangs about the Jet in earlier posts

Jeff
        Participant

Hi James, it sounds very good if you are looking for a bright sound. Which size are you going to get?
          My TW H20 is surprising just how soft it can play. It sometimes sounds like a flute and I use it for church on my YAS26 which I really love.

I was tempted to get the HR* for the dark tone, but couldn’t find one available and ended up buying three other discounted MPs to play around with, including a TW metal Fire which is sooo loud I think one has to play it with hearing protection. I’ll save that one for communication with Mars.

Jeff
          Participant

This is what I’m chasing.

JJ HR* Dark Alto MP

This one doesn’t sound like tracing paper on a comb – lol

Doesn’t the HR* make your toes curl?

Pete
            Participant

Jeff you will like this one had it for a couple of years now, very happy with it.

Jeff
              Participant

Hi Pete, the problem for us South Africans is getting hold of one which doesn’t cost the Earth.

I just love the dark tone of this MP. My wife says that it just sounds like a proper sax 🙂

Another cool sound

Cheers
                Jeff

Jeff
                Participant

Here’s an excellent review.

Here comes aaa-nother one

Pete
                  Participant

Jeff i use a Optimum ligature with it sounds pretty good or a Rovner Dark, which is ok. Should sound nice on a Yamaha!

sxpoet
                    Participant

hi jeff
                      any mouthpiece i would buy, would be based on the tip size, similar in size to my alto king mouthpiece.

Jeff
                      Participant

Hi James, so a 7 gap then? Please post some MP3 comparison tests.
                        1,98mm is my favourite on the Addario MP, but it may be a while before I can more back there on the YAS62.
                        I’ve just found a JJ DC6 so it’s going to get interesting.
                        Cheers Jeff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.