Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces new mouthpiece

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    sxpoet
    Participant

Hi Jeff,
      i haven’t ordered the mouthpiece as they are out of stock. Gives me time to change my mind.

Jeff
      Participant

Hi James, have you played the Jet? JJ has a number of MPs now that are really worth play testing. I can’t do that here but from what you’ve told me the UK stores carry a much greater range of products to view and test out. I phoned the store this morning and the sales person told me they had the JJ MP in stock (the website indicated zero stock). I had to tell their IT person that they did have one and he updated the website so I could place an order. It’s funny the lengths we have to go to to buy things these days.

Jody testing all the Alto MPs

Check out this super DV NY MP

sxpoet
        Participant

Hi Jeff,
          i only have one mouthpiece guardala king, other than the yamaha mouthpiece covered in mould that is still festering in the yamaha sax case. lol

Jeff
          Participant

James, have you been able to get your alto repaired after the accident?
            My new JJ Custom Dark MP is on it’s way. I’m very interested to see how it will play on the YAS62.
            I have quite a collection of MPs now. (to my shame)

sxpoet
            Participant

Jeff i finally got my sax repaired last summer, i was lucky that i bought a midi sax to carry on practicing with (EMEO midi sax identical to a sax body) , which i still use if i don’t want to disturb anyone.

You’ll have to upload some C major scale recordings between the different mouthpieces on the 62 sax. I wouldn’t bother with the student sax, as i’ve compared the pitch/tones of student saxes, their neck designs are different, which restricts you to make it easier playing on lower number mouthpieces.

Jeff
              Participant

James, that’s good news that you got your sax fixed. I shall see what I can do. Don’t right off the YAS26 it is a gem when played in church with the H2O MP – softly softly.
                I think I’ll have to record something on that for the doubters out there. The YAS62 is very nice, but it cost 63k where the YAS26 was only 18k. Can I really justify the cost?
                You know the story – A PRO can make anything sound really good. I transcribed the tune “You Say” for alto and I want to try and record that as it sounds just like the Tenor version only better – LOL.
                Give it a go and see how it grabs you 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.