Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video noodling

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Jeff,
      thanks for the backing track,
      i had a go at noodling along to it, recorded on a iphone 5s, so the quality isn’t up to much.

john
      Keymaster

very good sxpoet…you’re getting a good sense of the changes, rhythmically and harmonically.

Anonymous

Thanks Johnny. All credit to you for introducing me to a Guardala King alto mouthpiece, i just love this incredible mouthpiece, it opened up a whole new world for me, things i couldn’t do on other mouthpieces just happen out of thin air. Guardala was a genius. I’m looking for that specific sound, and this mouthpiece is the closest to getting the sound i want in my head.
          Not forgetting your altissimo course that works, without having to use a teacher!! Speaks volumes.

john
          Keymaster

it’s good you uploaded a few things a while back, you can really notice a good deal of improvement…
            your tone for sure but also more confidence in your notes, fingering, ideas etc
            not to mention you’re now throwin in a few high notes here and there.
            those couple altissimo notes need to come out more in tune but I like the fact that you’re throwin em in.
            I think if you play louder, and furher back from your mic, phone, whatever that extra burst of air will help with that.
            rock on!!!

Anonymous

Thanks Johnny – for your feedback, i wish more people would upload.
              My upload was a one off, no rehearsal. It’s just something i do after
              a practice session, stick a backing track on, unwind, and play anything
              that comes into your head, no stress, no rules – just get to know your sax.

It was the 2nd go at recording it, the 1st recording was better – but when i tried to save the 1st recording, garage band wouldn’t save it for some unknown reason – so i had to record it all over again, by that time i was so
              cheesed off with garageband, i couldn’t care less what i was playing.

saxomonica
              Participant

Excellent noodling and good whang dang doodle @sxpoet you beaut 🙂

A gent goes to the Doctor as he is not feeling to good and he’s gotta buzz in his noodle, say.
                Hmm says the Doctor whose observing him in noteworthy fashion and good medical acumen.
                What seems to be the problem, he says?
                The chap elaborates about he’s not feeling to good.
                He presents with a potatoe chip stuck in his nostril.
                And, also, he has got a kipper stuck in his ear too ..
                The Doctor says, i see can the problem, you’re not eating properly!

Nice recording i love that Alto sax played well – and it’s a great melody and lottsa pizzaz
                Top effort it is inspiring to see your sax journey unfolding and really good to listen to.
                Ta

Anonymous

Thanks Saxo,
                  got a few compliments from other websites. So it looks like i’ll have to
                  stop putting up practice pieces and start only putting up more polished
                  pieces, if i want to build up a following of followers. But i think thats a bit too advanced for my level of playing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.