Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone On Her Majesty’s Secret Service

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sheila Simpson
    Participant

On Her Majesty’s Secret Service – John Barry – 1969.

I was messing around with this for practice and the song grew on me. I don’t think I ever heard this song before.

This was the theme to the 6th James Bond movie, 2 million tickets were sold. This was also the 1st James Bond movie that Sean Connery was not James Bond.

Could probably use a little more practice around 1:50 – 1:57. Not sure why this was giving me a hard time. High D to an A sharp and the next time High D to an A sharp to a middle D.

Feedback is always welcome. How else am I going to improve? LOL. Thank you for listening!

Anonymous

You hold a good steady note!
        i often find the odd phrase in a music sheet that ties my fingers up in knots, sometimes you have to use alternative fingering positions to make the sound fluid.

A good tip i came across from a concert pianist, if you struggle with a section of music “finger wise” while playing from a music sheet – is to start with the 1st four notes and play them over and over until you can play them properly.

Then practice playing the next four notes starting on the 2nd note in the section until you can play them properly.

Then practice playing the next four notes starting on the 3rd note in the section until you can play them properly.

Keep repeating this process until you’ve worked your way through the section of music (or phrase). Then practice playing the whole section (or phrase) from start to finish. I’ve tried it with difficult phrases and works and cuts down the amount time wasted trying to master a phrase.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.