Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax One of my Saxophones arrived today :)

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Z
    Participant

Where do you live and how long did it take to get it? Massulo just sent my horn out yesterday afternoon I think and I just wanted to get an idea of how long it might take. I live in the US, so will they ship it by plane, or will they drive it all the way? Your horns look really good though I hope they sound good too.

Z
      Participant

I just got my Trever James horn 88 today and pardon my English but holy s**tb**ls!!!! It’s absolutely amazing!! Better than any professional Yamaha and my friends Buffett. It looks beautiful and holy crap. I’m so happy. Let’s me get whatever sound I wanna put into it. I’m extremely pleased.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Let’s see some pics Ammin! You’ll have to upload them to a free image hosting site and then copy/paste the link in the little box above that says “img”.

Z
          Participant
            Z
            Participant

I don’t think I did it right. I’m trying to do It from a phone so I have no idea. I’ll mess with it later.

Z
              Participant

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/157bxj6.jpg[/IMG]

Uhh maybe that one will work?

Z
                Participant

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/10f9id2.jpg[/IMG]

Anddd there’s another one

Michael Bishop
                  Participant

I saw 2 pics Ammin and it looks like a beauty of a Sax for sure; I saw your post that you mentions it plays better than a Pro Model Yamaha. I’m hooked on Trevor James Saxophones too so I share your sentiments. My personal feelings are that we don’t know just how good these Saxophones are until you get your hands on one, wouldn’t you agree? 🙂 I would encourage anyone who maybe looking at these posts and if you’re on the hunt for a new Sax to seriously consider a Trevor James. What you get for your $ is really, really tough to beat.
                    AMMIN: As you are typing a reply a post, do you see the options in this box that says “b” “i” “link” “del” (with a line through it) and finally “img”? On the option that says “img” is where you copy/paste the links that you posted. After you do that, the system will ask you to give that image file a name. After you’ve done that it will post the pictures of your Saxophones here on Johnny’s site like you see my pics above. I clicked on your links and there were a bunch of other pop-ups with your picture and someone may be hesitant to take a good look at your pics because of those pop ups. I know I was having the same problem if you look at my first attempt to post pictures, but we do it by going to the “img” button above. Once you click the “submit” button here at the bottom is when your pictures will appear.

jake
                    Participant

That’s a beautiful sax!! Hows the sound on that baby?? Hmmmmm. Mite have a 3rd person looking into those Trevor James’ saxes here!

Michael Bishop
                      Participant

They are unbelievable instruments Jake; completely blowing away my Selmer Bundy Tenor and Vito Alto (the Vito got sold to help generate $ for the purchase of these Saxophones) Sandro and his staff at Massullo Music are great folks to do business with. Blog uploads on a regular basis will be coming from me very soon, I’m working on finishing up “The Green Onions” on Tenor. I’ll alternate from 1 video to the next as Alto, Tenor, Alto, Tenor, etc.. The Alto Signature Custom model I have “sings” just beautifully and the SR Tenor is “punchy, edgy, gritty”….just what the doctor ordered in both Saxophones LOL From what Ammin is saying about his 88′ horn, it’s pretty much the same story. If you go to a post Johnny put in the “General Questions” on the forum you’ll see where he talks about in the “Trevor James Update” how Sandro, the owner of Massullo Music, gave people the opportunity at that NNAM show in California that’s held every year to compare the Selmer Mark 6 v.s. a Trevor James (I think it’s one of the RAW Signature Custom; my alto is a Signature Custom just Gold Lacquered). He said 80% of the people picked the Trevor James over the Selmer Mark 6…that should say something. I posted a few youtube links below that you can review from Massullo Music’s youtube channel about the Signature Custom RAW Model–bear in mind the Signature Custom comes in many different finishes like Silver, Bronze, Gold, etc. and they all sound a little different. The other is a comparison/demo of all of the Signature Custom models that are available from a dealer in the U.K., but they did that video with the Alto.

We’re in the middle of a move right now and I’m really looking forward to the open space and having my own Saxophone “wall of fame” with lots of pics in frames of famous Saxophone players that will be displayed on my wall. It’s a new hobby/collection I started–Johnny graciously sent me an autographed pic of himself and looks great in the frame I selected for it.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 39 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.