Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Our moderator

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Craig Scott
    Participant

Is Johnny on vacation or is he just tired of answering all our dumb questions?

Anonymous

I thinks he’s putting the final touches to the altissimo course, and probably working on another backing track?

Michael Bishop
        Participant

He’s been very, very busy working on Saxophone projects and getting ready to release a new song too. There’s so much work that goes on behind the scene to keep a great site like this going. Just with the backing tracks/sheet music we buy from him, that alone takes untold hours in work to make; they’re all professionally produced v.s generic and it takes a lot of work/time to make. That’s not even to mention the time it takes for him to work on those songs himself on his Saxophone to play them for video. Then there’s the time he needs to make the sheet music available, writing it out in Bb and Eb; playing both Alto and Tenor myself and I know that’s work involved. He also has lots of people doing private lessons with him too; I’ve done them and will be doing more. And like Sxpoet said, there’s the Altissimo course; still got a lesson or 2 to produce—but who is there in the Altissimo course that’s registered, right now, that can play as high/higher than Altissimo D or so? No sense in posting a video/lesson that no one is ready to work on until they can hit the last of those notes he has posted. There’s also stuff he does locally in the way of gigs where he’s paid to play for people/businesses where he lives. He also works in the world of professional recording, go to his site johnnyferreira.com and you’ll find the link to his site on home recording. He’s constantly doing Saxophone/music stuff–as a professional musician it’s their way of life.

So if he can’t get to answering our questions/watching our videos on the blog when we would like him to (there’s hundreds of us members and only 1 of him), we all do well to remember just how hard he works to make the very best backing tracks/songs available to us, all the lessons, courses, etc.. with the purpose of making us better. These things take so, so many hours of work to make available. Because as it says on his home page here…..this site he created is for our benefit to make us better. And he is very, very, very gracious in doing so! 🙂

john
          Keymaster

Still here! Couple big projects around the house these weeks and will be away most of next week coming up. The weather here in Vancouver has finally hit and it’s too hot to stay in for too long. I have been checking the forum and answering emails a couple tiomes a day still so if I missed someones I’m sorry but will get caught up here.

Michael Bishop
            Participant

I hear ya, here in Arkansas the heat is absolutely ferocious right now—we HAVE to run the air conditioning 24/7 in the house. Even come 6 pm afternoon when we like to go take our bikes and go ride at the BMX tracks, the heat is virtually “suffocating” so we have to wait till around 7:30 or so to go get some afternoon riding on the track. All the fishing for Big Flathead Catfish is at night, the truely large ones (40-80 catfish) typically feed around 2-4 am because that’s when it’s the temps. are coolest.
              I appreciate everything you do here Johnny on your site, next month moving on in the Altissimo course to Overtones, it’s been working for me about 1 lesson a month or so to really make sure I’ve learned it well v.s. skipping/jumping around. I would rather it take me a year to really learn everything well v.s going over it in just a few months. But I think it would be a mistake to not continually work on the previous things we’ve learned like Chromatic Scales….been working on them for about 20 minutes or so day, almost every single day and I’m noticing an improvement, gradually, with fluid fingers. Thanks!

Anonymous

Michael – do you eat what you catch or do you toss it back in?

Michael Bishop
                Participant

We do both; we do what’s called “selective harvest”. The larger 40-50 lb. fish we take a picture (don’t anyone thinking we’re telling stories when you get a larger one LOL) release with and harvest smaller one. These big females will Spawn anywhere from 150,000-400,000 eggs with about a 10% survival rate; meaning that if we harvest one large female we killed 15,000-40,000 other fish. Leave the large females to spawn, reproduce, pass on trophy genetics to future generations; remove them and you’ll find a decline of populations, etc.. In some areas where we live, the law by the authorities is catch-and-release fishing for the very reasons stated above. The smaller ones are better to eat too, they taste better.

I love Johnny’s little tune called “Sax in the Country”‘ it’s in the member’s videos on part 5….super cool song for our area! 🙂 Just wish there was a backing track/sheet music for it; folks here would really dig it.

john
                  Keymaster

Hey Michael, I can probably dig up the backing tracks for that…not sure if I wrote out the music though. Ask me about it after the summer when things cool down a bit…. that’s temperature and schedule!!

Dazza
                    Participant

Hi Johnny,

This may not be the proper way to address this one but I sent through payment for And I Love her and wondering how it arrives. I am guessing by automated email but not as yet. Hope you can help.

Cheers Dazza

[image: PayPal logo]13 Jul 2014 08:36:09 AEST
                      Transaction ID: 5T347845XX275452K
                      <https://www.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_view-a-trans&id=5T347845XX275452K>
                      Dear Darren Boyan

john
                      Keymaster

after payment Paypal automatically takes you to the download page. Sometimes people click away before this happens and then the process doesn’t complete.
                        I’ll send you the link in an email.

Johnny

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.