Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video practicing chords

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I created a backing track that plays 12bar blues for Sharp scales c,g,d,a,e,b,f#,c# and for each scale it repeats the 12 bar blues 3 times.
      I’ve only recored the 1st scale of the track (c major), as the whole track last about 12 minutes to play through all 8 scales
      It’s just practicing the chords and has a bit of flutter tongue in parts.

It’s not improvisation, it’s just getting used to the chords

Anonymous

if anyone wants a copy of the two backing tracks i created, along with a music sheets to show what chords are played in each track, then drop an e-mail address below, and i’ll send a copy.

the 1st track is in order of sharp scales (c,g,d,a,e,b,f,c), and each scale is repeated 3 times in the 12 bar blues chords I-IV-V, so you can practice the chords in each of the major scales – it takes about 12 mins to play through all of them.

the 2nd track is in the order of the Major Flat scales (c,f,bb,eb,ab,db,gb,cb).

So you can if you want, improvise in all 12 major scales, or just practice your chords, or play root note or what ever floats your boat.

the chords in each 12 bar scale are in order
        I I I I
        Iv Iv I I
        V Iv I I

saxomonica
        Participant

Nice one @Walley ! bit hard for me coz more into the tenor but all the while thanking you very kindly 🙂 Mark

Anonymous

Not a problem @saxomonica , i have tenor version backing track if you change your mind.

In the process of doing similar backing tracks in the
            format for all 12 keys

I Iv I I
            Iv Iv I I
            V Iv I V

but thats mainly for improvising all the way through the scales.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.