Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Problems With Your Sax? Problem with two saxes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Man it never rains. I now have two bust up tenors, neither of which is much good. Only a week or so, And my tech can fix up the Jupiter. The neck cork is ruined and its taken a knock throwing the bottom keys off. You could also drive a bus through the bis key leak. Other than that its fine….LOL !! The other is my ancient Kohlert. Doesn’t need so much work, but have to get it out of hock first. This has to be some cosmic thirty year test…. See if I fold. No chance !! I gotta get back into meditation ( of sorts ). By that, I mean I’ve been one sad grumpy sonafa…need to get that in check. Another coupla weeks ??!!

Pete
      Participant

Jak
        recork your sax yourself, save you a little cash
        not hard once you done it a couple of times.

Dan Fleming
        Participant

I don’t think you have too many problems with your sax. It’s easy to replace a cork and fix a leak. You may consider how you handle the horn if it takes too many knocks hard enough to throw the lower keys off. Other than that I think you’re good.

jak Swift
          Participant

Yeah, I’m fine Dan, better than fine. Jupiter fixed, Al just phoned, he’s dropping off my other tenor tomorrow. Studio Thursday. Man, its been a real headache, but you pick yourself up, dust yourself down and move on. Easter was a month of Sundays, glad to see the back of it !! How’s things with you bud ??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.