Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video rock around the clock

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

Here’s Johnny’s backing track and my Yamaha YTS61 tenor sax with my newly acquired MBII Fatboy using a fibracell 2.5 reed. Not perfect, flubbed the ending a little bit. Just wanted to get another sampling of a fatboy up for anyone that may be considering one. This is my goto tenor MP now. I have about 10 others that are about to hit ebay now!!! LOL. Thanks again for offering these MP and fabulous backing tracks Johnny!!

Anonymous

@Jake – cool this is more like it Jake! Keep them entertaining uploads coming! Sounds great – like the photo as well.

Thats one piece i keep trying to do, but can’t get very far with it,
        and keep coming back to it without success. maybe one day…

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Cool pic on the soundcloud upload Jake 🙂 Seems like lots of folks are turning to site like Soundcloud more and more v.s. youtube, they’re really tired of all the copyright claim garbage when all’s they’re trying to do is share their music with other folks.
          Nice go at this great song, the notes are simple to play but it’s a real workout on our demands for air support….this song as not as easy as the sheet music may appear 🙂 Focus on the articulation with this song, as well throwing some real gritty growls & scoops on select notes. Great job Jake, keep rockin 🙂

Kevin
          Participant

Jake, thanks for the upload and display of the DG Fatboy. Sounds like your getting the tone you are pursuing. I think I would like to make the leap and get one as well, but on the fence with the choice since I can’t seem to make the time to practice and make good progress on my saxes and/or my playing ability. I seem to be at a level of barely maintaining the skills to play, embrochure can hardly hang in there for the length of a song, limited practice times result in any form of regimen(s) to improve pretty much shelved in leu of picking some things to play to get some enjoyment before “time’s up”.
            Sorry to use this reply for this off topic content, just struggling with life’s roller coaster ride where the track ahead and it’s “g-forces” have me just focused on holding on…

William Cingolani
            Participant

Some great sax Jake. How do you get a picture posted with soundcloud. I also listened to Runaround. You filled in very nicely with your sax. I was looking at your sax. Nice looking horn. Almost looks like a beri. Horn sounds great.

paddy jordan
              Participant

Jake you did good with this,i like that sound !!

jake
                Participant

Thanks for the comments guys. William my profile pic on soundcloud is me playing my Bari sax. Lol. There should be an option in soundcloud to add a pic somewhere in the profile settings.

Also this recording is straight to my iPhone and uploaded. There’s a little reverb but no editing and tweaking after the recording. I’m overall very happy with the sound I am getting now. Now I need to get real comfy with this mouthpiece and make it my own. Lol.

john
                  Keymaster

Good job Jake, and on the solo too!
                    sounds like you’re getting comfortable with he Fatboy, I think it was a good choice for ya.

Mark Kiziuk
                    Participant

You sound like a pro Jake! Good Job!

jake
                      Participant

Thanks Mark. Feel far from it. Lol.
                        Once you get a little under your belt be sure to post some videos here yourself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.