Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video rock around the clock

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mark Kiziuk
    Participant

Hey Jake! I’m VERY CRITICAL when I listen to music! Your timing to the the music was pretty much SPOT ON! And you gave me happy feet! I’m spending ALOT of my time fixing up the two saxes that I got off of EBay. The Alto is completely PERFECT! The Tenor, I’m fully restoring it. I ripped the whole thing apart Sunday, polished the body with Flitz. BEAUTIFUL! shines like new! Now I need to clean and polish all of the nickel plated keys. I’m going to recork and refelt the entire thing. And ordering a complete custom made set of pads that I will be installing myself. Then I need to leak light and adjust the pads. Then I need to adjust the regulation. THEN….POSSIBLY I can get some practice time in. Heh! I keep getting stuck remembering past 5 notes…any advice on remembering all those notes?
      Mark

jake
      Participant

Nice Mark. The best advice I can give u is too keep practicing, learning your scales and appregios. Once you start getting these down you will develop a muscle memory. You will soon start recognizing patterns and sounds. In my case my fingers take off before I think of things. My mind must make the connection and make my fingers move without me being aware that I’m doing it. Once you start achieving this its a great feeling. But to start this keeps working the scales and there appregios. So much music is based on these simple patterns.

Mark Kiziuk
        Participant

Thank you for helping me there Jake. I never heard of muscle memory, I guess that means your fingers know what keys are associated with the sounds? Sounds interesting. I can’t wait to be at your skill level. Your horn sounds very PRO! And your timing to the music was also PRO! I guess practice! Practice! Practice!
          Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.