Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Tips Saxaphone Maintenance For Dummies – Steve Goodson

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mel
    Participant

This video is currently on You Tube.

Anonymous

heres a link to the saxophone maintenance for dummies video,
        i haven’t watched it yet.

is this another gimmick below?

after 2mins waffling on, i gave up watching this video.

Anonymous

excellent maintainance video (learnt a lot of stuff) – thanks for sharing!

brother cavefish
          Participant

this guy is , the king of gimmicks and lousy advice,,, teflon tape are you kidding me, cork is natural and need to be treat with natural item, wax, slippery elms bark etc, , paraffin that is a petroleum product, holy crap

Anonymous

Will the neck enhancer help my neck, which tends to become a little stiff after playing for four hours?

Anonymous

Well according to steve, just rub some tooth paste around the inside of the top of the sax, and then attach the neck and then swing the neck round in a circle several times, problem ah sorted.I’m not too sure about the smelly products he sells that attract hippies while you play the sax.

Anonymous

just dont swing the neck around too fast, or your sax might fly away!

brother cavefish
                  Participant

the only thing helping your neck is the chest strap rig, like a baby holder,

Mel
                    Participant

My instructor put his metal otto link mouthpiece on my saxophone awhile back and it compressed my cork farther than what my jody jazz does. I soaked it and blew it with the hair dryer and the cork did expand back out. Worked like a charm GOOD advice. Nice tight fit for my jody jazz now. Still going to use the Dr. Slick cork treatment on it.

Anonymous

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.