Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Thanks for the tune, I’ll have a crack at it. Regarding playing at low volume. Start with a mid-range note at normal volume, then slowly decrease the volume of air until the note fades. Practice this for a while until you can make the note play very softly before fading. Then try varying the notes volume normal – soft – normal – soft – normal. The trick is to maintain a steady breath to keep the air moving through the sax. After a while you will be able to start the note softly too. I only achieved this after three years of playing. This was much harder for me on the standard 4C plastic MP than on the more refined Selmer S80**. The Selmer MP gives me much better control of the tone.

Anonymous

Hi Jeff – looking forward to hearing your next upload.

Anonymous

@Jeff – hoping to do another upload this month (still working on grade 2/3 timing exercises, have noticed a slight improvement in timing)

Anonymous

Hi Sxpoet, I’ve found an investment in Beans pays a better dividend. Presently I’m working on my timing and tuning skills (or lack thereof).

Anonymous

Hi Jeff – i’ll drink to that! Nothing like a fresh cup of coffee to keep on the go. I’ll have to record ‘golden nut boogie’

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.