Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax Show us your sax?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    James Keillor
    Participant

Looks great James, your right the sax just looks the business. When I get bogged down with a piece of music I just sit back and admire my System 54 in vintage gold. Need to work out how to post a pic

George Shaw
      Participant

Looks great James, your right the sax just looks the business. When I get bogged down with a piece of music I just sit back and admire my System 54 in vintage gold. Need to work out how to post a pic

James Keillor
        Participant

Upload a picture to a website such as http://www.imgur.com then they will provide you with a link to copy and paste for forums 🙂 hope that helps

john
          Keymaster

Hey Jimmie, great idea there… I had to create a separate topics section so hopefully we encourage others to do the same. Will get mine up there soon as well… all the videos I've done but no photos!

thanks for that!

john
            Keymaster

sax-900.jpg

Most of you have probably seen my sax in the lesson videos but here’s a pic of it anyway…

It’s a vintage Selmer Mark VI from around 1960. It’s pretty dull and has some laquer missing but that kind of thing doesn’t bother me, at least not enough to re-laquer or anything like that.

I’ve tried playing several horns over the years and this one is probably the best one I’ve ever tried. I bought it in the early 90’s for 1,900 and it’s insured today for around 8,000. Yup, these things go up year after year. Especially this Selmer vintage, anything with a serial number under 100,000 fetches top price by collectors and this one has a serial number in the 97,000.

The ugly black patch on the bell is a piece of velcro that I stuck on there to hold my wire-less microphone transmitter pack, otherwise I’d have to clip it onto my belt or pocket or something and then it’s not easy to plop down on the stand when I need to put it down during a performance.

George Shaw
              Participant

Thanks for that info James this is my system 54 and n the background my Bauhaus Walstein
                IMG_0986-1.jpg

john
                Keymaster

Very cool George…
                  It's got a bit of a bronze tint to it. Can you tell us anything about these horns? I'm not familiar with them.

George Shaw
                  Participant

Hi Johnny ye the System 54 is a quality sax from Taiwan this one is a power bell with rolled tone holes in vintage gold. The keys have a nice feel under the fingers and I like the idea of rolled tone holes. I use a Otto Link HR 6 and a Otto link metal tone master
                    http://www.system54.com/Superior-Class-Tenor-Saxophones.html
                    The Walstein is one of the better Chinese saxophones I wanted to try a tenor to make sure I liked and this fitted the bill

Marcelo Moreno
                    Participant

Here is my tenor sax Yamaha YTS62 + Otto Link 7* mouthpiece. This is a beautiful sax!!!!!!
                      1nJGp.jpg

john
                      Keymaster

Yes, very nice Moreno… I see you're a big jazz fan!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.